Season 2: Episode 72

Source: Wikipedia
"A Mistake from the Past: A Face Revealed!"

"Though Temari tries to hold off Sasuke so the brothers can escape, Sasuke easily dispatches her and resumes his chase. At the Hokage battle, Orochimaru reveals the nature of his Transference ritual, which allows him to transfer his being into the body of another every few years, and that he intends to make Sasuke his new vessel. Regretting not killing Orochimaru when he had the chance the night his former student left the village, Hiruzen musters up his chakra and summons shadow clones for a last-resort attack to rectify that mistake."

Analysis

Sasuke is determined to catch Gaara, no matter what. Temari was no match for him, which proves that Sasuke is stronger than her, especially since he comes from the Uchiha Clan.

Orochimaru reveals the nature of his Transference ritual, which allows him to transfer his being into the body of another every few years, and that he intends to make Sasuke his new vessel. Orochimaru reveals that he mastered the jutsu called the Transference Ritual, which in this case is the forbidden jutsu. It is an evil jutsu because Hiruzen said to Orochimaru that he is not a human but a demon. Moreover, it explains why Orochimaru is so interested in Sasuke. He wants to use Sasuke's body as his new vessel. The reason is that Sasuke has the Sharingan, hence why Sasuke is so special in the eyes of Orochimaru. Therefore, this means that if Sasuke decides to ask Orochimaru for power, he is in trouble. Orochimaru makes this anime way too interesting because he brings drama and entertainment, hence why he is the main antagonist of the anime series.

Regretting not killing Orochimaru when he had the chance the night his former student left the village, Hiruzen musters up his chakra and summons shadow clones for a last-resort attack to rectify that mistake. There is a flashback technique used in the episode. It helps us understand the full story concerning Orochimaru and why he is the way he is now. In the flashback, Orochimaru is responsible for the disappearance of people in Hidden Leaf Village. This is because he wanted to research all the different ninjutsu. He wants immortality. Moreover, Hiruzen once considered Orochimaru to be the next Hokage. However, Orochimaru wasn't interested. Orochimaru was rather focused on the pursuit of power and immortality than giving a damn about being Hokage. Therefore, this shows that Hiruzen cared about Orochimaru as his student, which is why it was difficult for him to kill Orochimaru. It is a tragedy that such a skilled ninja like Orochimaru has resorted to the pursuit of darkness rather than using his strength and intelligence for the good of the village.

Moreover, there is an element of suspense when Hiruzen summons the Shadow Clones. What is he going to do next? Why did he summon the Shadow Clones? All of these rhetorical questions will be answered in the next episode.

The lesson from this episode is that the pursuit of power is like a dangerous drug, where no matter how much someone achieves to get it, they are never satisfied. Instead of giving up, they would rather do anything to get it, even if it means hurting others. In this case, Orochimaru is the perfect example of how the pursuit of power changes a person.