Season 2: Episode 75

Source: Wikipedia
"Sasuke's Decision: Pushed to the Edge!"

"Gaara begins transforming into Shukaku, dramatically increasing his strength and speed. Sasuke uses his Chidori to slice Gaara's arm off, but the pain only makes Gaara more determined and excited to kill Sasuke. Unable to use the Chidori a third time, Sasuke is forced to use his cursed seal so that he can attack Gaara again. This fails to defeat him, and Sasuke collapses due to using the cursed seal. As Gaara prepares to inflict the finishing blow, Naruto repels the attack with a kick. Naruto, Sakura, and Pakkun arrive ready to help Sasuke."

Analysis

Gaara begins transforming into Shukaku, dramatically increasing his strength and speed. Sasuke uses his Chidori to slice Gaara's arm off, but the pain only makes Gaara more determined and excited to kill Sasuke. Gaara shows his true identity. He is the host of the one-tail Shukaku, similar to Naruto, who is the host of the nine-tailed fox. Moreover, Gaara is excited to kill Sasuke because it's his purpose. He believes that is his purpose and his only reason to exist, which is to kill people. Gaara has been alone for a long time, with no one being there for him when he needed it, hence why he is like this—a monster.

Unable to use the Chidori a third time, Sasuke is forced to use his cursed seal so that he can attack Gaara again. This fails to defeat him, and Sasuke collapses due to using the cursed seal. The reason why Sasuke can't use the Chidori the third time is that it has a limit, which is two. Sasuke used the first chidori during his match with Gaara in the arena. The second one is when he slices Gaara's arm in this episode; hence, Sasuke has reached his limit. Therefore, this is one limitation of the Chidori. Kakashi explained to Sasuke during their training for the match that if he used it the third time, it wouldn't work, hence why Sasuke collapsed. Sasuke thought the cursed seal would help since it helped him during the Chunin Exams in the Forest of Death. That is why he used the cursed mark, but it didn't work. Therefore, there is a threatening atmosphere since Gaara is about to kill Sasuke. This intensifies the moment until Naruto, Sakura, and Pakkun arrive to save Sasuke.

As Gaara prepares to inflict the finishing blow, Naruto repels the attack with a kick. Naruto, Sakura, and Pakkun arrive, ready to help Sasuke. This is how it happened in the episode. When Gaara was about to inflict a finishing blow on Sasuke, Naruto kicked Gaara in the face. This means that in the next episode, there is going to be a battle between Naruto and Gaara.