Season 4: Episode 165

Source: Wikipedia

"The Death of Naruto"

"The episode starts with Neji, Tenten, and Kakashi staring at a grave. As they head back, they throw off a pursuer with a replacement but are being shadowed by another. Koumei is about to be forced to commit seppuku, but the Noroimusha saves him. Shortly afterward, it is revealed that Naruto disguised himself as the Noroimusha. Kakashi fights Nagare, who uses moves copied from another ninja. Naruto, Neji, and Tenten discover that the identity of the Noroimusha is the feudal lord himself, who seeks to kill Mousou to avenge his father."

Analysis

There's an unfolding of events throughout the episode. In my previous analysis, some questions were left unanswered:

· Will Naruto survive?

· What will happen to Chishima, who is still hiding underwater while breathing oxygen from a stick? Will he survive and inform Genin about the recent development?

· Neji senses something poisonous inside Owashi's body. Was he assassinated? Who poisoned Owashi? Was it Koumei, or was it someone else? If it was someone else, why would Koumei admit to a crime he didn't commit?

· Why would Mousou meet with the Watari ninja, who attempted to assassinate the current feudal lord, Lord Sagi? Did he mean to kill the feudal lord, or there's more story?

· If Koumei is already in jail for killing Lord Owashi, why is Sagi still seeking vengeance?

· Will anyone in the village find out that Lord Sagi was the second cursed warrior?

Most of these questions will be answered, so buckle up because there are so many details to be unravelled.

The episode starts with Neji, Tenten, and Kakashi staring at a grave. Ominous music plays in the background while they are staring at a grave. In this scene, Kakashi is still insistent that they finished their mission at the Land of Birds. He also said, "Sacrifice is an unaffordable part of the Shinobi way. Now then, let's get back to the leaf village." Afterwards, they seemingly leave to go back to their village.

As they leave, it turns out that the two Watari Ninjas are spying on them, and a dialogue takes place between the two of them:

First Watari Ninja: Do you believe they are heading back to their village, Nagare?

Nagare: It could be.

First Watari Ninja: Mmmm, the one in a mask who joined them later worries me.

Nagare: If you want me to follow them, I will.

First Watari Ninja: No, leave that to me; go on and report back.

Nagare: Right

At Mousou's house, Nagare informed Mousou of the recent development while he sat on a ceiling.

Mousou: What do you have to report?

Nagare: The two younger ones, along with the tall one in a mask, have all been seen crossing the border. They appear to be headed back to the Hidden Leaf Village.

Mousou: Very good, and Lord Sagi has taken care of their companion, that persistent little pest who snuck into the palace. Very good indeed.

Nagari leaves

The two dialogues make one wonder if Mousou has something to hide. To hire a ninja to make sure they leave their village seems a bit extra. It's not like they were the ones who committed the crime to infiltrate the feudal lord's residence; it was just Naruto. Moreover, when he says that Lord Sagi took care of the persistent little pest, which is Naruto, it sounds a bit fishy. It means that Naruto is close to finding out who the second cursed warrior is, and somehow Mousou knows who it is.