Season 4: Episode 143

Source: Wikipedia

"Tonton! I'm Counting on You!"

"Shizune and her team encounter Mizuki, but all of them are defeated. When Tonton comes back to warn Tsunade, Naruto takes the initiative to find Shizune with Tonton's help. Pakkun leads them, and they soon find Shizune. They chase after Mizuki, and they soon fall into a trap. Iruka reveals that Shizune is not Shizune, but Mizuki. Mizuki attacks Iruka, while Naruto deals with Fujin and Raijin. Naruto soon finds that his attacks are ineffective."

Analysis

The following analysis will look at the use of dialogue, the relationship between Mizuki and Tsubaki, and the reunion of Iruka, Naruto and Mizuki

In the previous episode, Naruto found Asuma and Kurenai at the Maximum-Security Prison injured and defeated. In this episode, the medical core arrives to attend to their wounds, and they take them back to the Hidden Leaf Village at the hospital. Naruto is wondering what is going on.

Shizune and her team encounter Mizuki, but all of them are defeated. Tonton, the pig, was using her nose to track down Mizuki along a path in the forest. When they get close, they are ambushed by Fujin and Raijin, the Legendary Stupid Brothers. Tense music with a mixture of drums starts to play in the background as Shizune asks about Mizuki's whereabouts. After some time, Mizuki reveals himself, and that's when all of them are defeated.

Lady Tsunade is starting to believe that Orochimaru is somehow involved. This is evident when she looks at a report about Orochimaru and says in her mind, "Just when things were starting to quiet down, this happens. You have been a tough one to wrangle with, Orochimaru." Orochimaru is proving to be an antagonist who is involved in Mizuki escaping prison. Moreover, when Lady Tsunade was visiting Asuma and Kurenai, Naruto barged in and said, "Come on, tell the truth; Orochimaru is behind all this! That's why you sent Kurenai and Asuma, right?" This further proves the point that Orochimaru is somehow involved, which is why Naruto wanted to look for Sasuke. However, Tsunade warns him by saying, "This whole mess with Sasuke and Orochimaru has already risen way beyond your ability to handle it; it's too much for a genin. You understand me; I need you to do the mission you've been given." This proves that Naruto is still determined to keep his promise to Sakura about bringing Sasuke back to the village. Moreover, Naruto wants him back because he considers him not only as a friend but also as a brother.

When Tonton comes back to warn Tsunade, Naruto takes the initiative to find Shizune with Tonton's help. Before Tsunade can say anything, Naruto leaves with Tonton. He sees it as an opportunity to find Orochimaru so that he can save Sasuke.

The relationship between Mizuki and Tsubaki

After defeating Shizune and her team, Mizuki, Fujin, and Raijin took their belongings and left. Along the way, they find Lady Tsubaki's place, who seems to be Mizuki's lover. Tsubaki seems weary, and Mizuki notices. He asks her what's wrong with her, and a dialogue takes place between the two of them:

Tsubaki: I spotted a handful of ANBU out there earlier; why would they be in the mountains away from everything?

Mizuki: I see...

Tsubaki: You're not going to tell me anything, aren't you? You know it's funny—the Leaf Village, I mean, it looks like it always did—but while you were gone, Mizuki, a lot of people were killed. Are you leaving again?

Mizuki: Yes

Tsubaki shouts and starts to cry: Please don't; how can you go to him? You know what kind of man he is, Mizuki; you mustn't. So many people lost their lives, all because of Orochimaru. Because of him, the Leaf Village is in shambles, even the third. If only you had never gotten yourself involved with that madman, then maybe you and I would still be together.