Season 3: Episode 132

Source: Wikipedia,
"For a Friend."

"While Naruto Uzumaki battles Sasuke Uchiha, Kakashi Hatake learns of Sasuke's defection from Tsunade and is confronted by Sakura Haruno. After trying to calm Sakura down, Kakashi heads off to search for Sasuke and Naruto. Meanwhile, believing Naruto to be his closest friend, Sasuke prepares to kill him in hopes that Naruto's death will be an acceptable price for his Sharingan to evolve into a Mangekyo Sharingan. Naruto's Rasengan and Sasuke's Chidori clash, though neither is capable of overpowering the other. Activating his cursed seal to gain an advantage, Sasuke mercilessly beats Naruto, but his Chidori nearly hits Naruto's heart. While Sasuke thinks the battle is to be won, the Nine-Tails' chakra begins to envelop Naruto as his wounds are healed, and he resolves to beat Sasuke to a bloodied pulp if that is what it will take to bring him home."

Analysis

The following episode will look at:

● Kakashi's character analysis

● Similarities and differences between Sasuke and Naruto

● Details concerning the Nine Tails

While Naruto Uzumaki battles Sasuke Uchiha, Kakashi Hatake learns of Sasuke's defection from Tsunade and is confronted by Sakura Haruno. After trying to calm Sakura down, Kakashi heads off to search for Sasuke and Naruto. The scene took place at Hidden Leaf Village. In the episode, Kakashi was speaking to Lady Tsunade in her office about Team Genin's mission to find Sasuke. During the conversation, Lady Tsunade said something significant. She said she has a contingency plan in place that involves Gaara and his team. What is the contingency plan? The audience is curious to understand what Lady Tsunade's plans are, so there is an element of suspense.

Moreover, to look for Sasuke, Kakashi used his summoning jutsu to summon the dogs. They scatter to look for his scent.

Kakashi's character analysis

Sad or dramatic music starts to play in the background. Kakashi reminisces about the time when Sasuke used the Chidori while Naruto used the Rasengan at each other. Before any further damage could be inflicted against Sakura, Kakashi came in just in time to stop them. Therefore, one sees the importance of Kakashi as a character. He serves as a saviour, trying to protect everyone from getting hurt.

Moreover, the use of dialogue between Kakashi and Sasuke helps to understand Kakashi better as a character. At this moment, Kakashi tells Sasuke that he should forget about revenge. To understand what Kakashi meant, one should look at the dialogue:

Kakashi: Even if you attain it, all you will find is emptiness

Sasuke: Shut up! What makes you think you know anything about it? It's easy for you to talk; you have no idea!

Kakashi: Easy; just try to calm down. So it looks like neither of us has lived a charmed life, have we? Still, are we not all that bad? At least you and I have been lucky enough to find new comrades to help fill the void.

Sasuke has a sullen look in his eyes as Kakashi proceeds to say:

Kakashi: Anyway, I do know how you feel. With the Chidori, you have been granted a gift of awesome power. It's not a power to be used against your comrades or to seek vengeance. I think in your heart of hearts, you know what it is for

The dialogue presents Kakashi as being wise when he tells Sasuke that he should forget about revenge. This is shown when he says, "Even if you attain it, all you will find is emptiness." The desire for revenge only brings destruction. It may satisfy one's desires, but the pursuit of vengeance will leave one feeling empty.