Season 2: Episode 89

Source: Wikipedia
"An Impossible Choice: The Pain Within Tsunade's Heart"

"Naruto is tasked with combining the spinning and the power developed in the previous steps, something that Jiraiya cannot help him with. As he attempts to do both, a frail and sickly Orochimaru asks Tsunade to heal his soulless, decayed arms, as the effects of the Reaper Death Seal inflicted on him are causing him excruciating pain. Although she has no intentions of helping Orochimaru due to his killing their teacher, Tsunade decides to consider the matter when he offers to revive her dead brother, Nawaki, and lover, Dan."

Analysis

Naruto is tasked with combining the spinning and the power developed in the previous steps, something that Jiraiya cannot help him with. As he attempts to do both, this is the final stage of training concerning the Rasengan. It's Naruto's chance to finally master it. Will he be able to master the Rasengan? We shall see in the next episode.

frail and sickly Orochimaru asks Tsunade to heal his soulless, decayed arms, as the effects of the Reaper Death Seal inflicted on him are causing him excruciating pain. Orochimaru is facing the consequences of invading Hidden Leaf Village. Thanks to the third Hokage, Orochimaru is now facing excruciating pain. He can't use his arms to perform ninjutsu. Therefore, it is poetic justice since it is his punishment for having the audacity to invade his former village. Moreover, since Tsunade is known to heal any sort of injury or disease, it explains why Orochimaru wants her to heal him. However, healing him would mean that he would likely invade the Hidden Leaf Village again. Tsunade refused to help until Orochimaru suggested something that caught Tsunade's interest.

Although she has no intentions of helping Orochimaru due to his killing their teacher, Tsunade decides to consider the matter when he offers to revive her dead brother, Nawaki, and lover, Dan. Orochimaru suggests that he could revive her dead brother, Nawaki, and lover, Dan, using the Reanimation Jutsu. This is the same jutsu Orochimaru used to revive the first and second Hokage to fight against Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Third Hokage. Ever since Tsunade lost her brother and her lover, she is now afraid of the sight of blood. It is one of the reasons why she left Hidden Leaf Village—she didn't want to feel that pain again; hence, the element of pain and suffering is evident here. Moreover, Orochimaru is a manipulator because he is using Tsunade's love for her brother, Nawaki, and his lover, Dan, to get what he wants. It works because Tsunade is considering it. If she even considers it, it means that Orochimaru will have to kill people to revive Nawaki and Dan. Will she help Orochimaru or not? Would she risk innocent lives just to revive Nawaki and Dan? We are left in suspense, which makes us curious to watch the next episode.