Season 3: Episode 140

Source: Wikipedia

"Two Heartbeats: Kabuto's Trap"

"In the room Naruto's in, he encounters Gamakichi, who is of no use in his struggle; the room soon floods with water. Sakura attempts to battle Kabuto, telling him that she believes Naruto and herself will save Sasuke together. She soon loses focus when Kabuto begins harassing her with thoughts of Sasuke's inevitable death. He states, "Sasuke is already dead, and you two can meet with him in the afterlife." She begins sobbing and remains still as Kabuto is about to murder her. Naruto arrives just in time to save Sakura, but she is still petrified in tears. Naruto tells her not to believe him, takes her away, and a battle ensues. Before Kabuto can crush his own heart, Sasame arrives and gives Sakura a tag to wrap on her kunai. Sakura cuts off Kabuto's threads and frees Naruto. Sasame reveals that the chakra threads are a special technique of the Fuma clan. Orochimaru arrives and, in turn, removes his mask to reveal he is Arashi. Arashi begins to transform into a monster."

Analysis

The following analysis will look at:

· The dialogue between Sakura and Kabuto

· The role of Sasame

The episode is a continuation of the previous episode, where Sakura encountered Kabuto and Orochimaru. Creepy music starts playing in the background when Orochimaru says, "I can tell when you're bluffing, my dear, and right now, you're already finished." With that effect, Sakura drops her kunai in shock, paralyzed with fear, and then she kneels on the floor, still with a shocked look on her face. Afterwards, Orochimaru said, "Poor little thing, look at her trembling like a newborn pup. Alright, Kabuto, get rid of her, but try not to let her suffer." As Kabuto moves closer, Sakura eventually finds the courage to speak up, and then a dialogue takes place between her and Orochimaru:

Sakura: Hold on a minute. Sasuke, where is he? You could not have taken his body already.

Orochimaru: No need to hide it any longer, I suppose; it is fine, Kabuto. Go ahead and tell her.

Then Orochimaru walks away, and a door closes behind him. Thereafter, a dialogue between Sakura and Kabuto takes place.

The dialogue between Sakura and Kabuto

Sakura attempts to battle Kabuto, telling him that she believes Naruto and herself will save Sasuke together. She soon loses focus when Kabuto begins harassing her with thoughts of Sasuke's inevitable death. He states, "Sasuke is already dead, and you two can meet with him in the afterlife." She begins sobbing and remains still as Kabuto is about to murder her.

Kabuto starts to explain what happened with Sasuke:

Kabuto: Unfortunately, Sasuke was a little late getting here, and Lord Orochimaru could not wait. He had to make do with another vessel.

Sakura: So, Sasuke is all right then and is somewhere in this building?

Kabuto: Lord Orochimaru gave Uchiha the curse mark to prepare him to be ready for my Lord's next incarnation. The problem is that not everyone can bear the burden of the curse mark.

Sakura: Impossible; there is no way Sasuke could be...

Kabuto: I am afraid so. Sasuke could not handle the curse mark, and now it is a memory.