Season 1: Episode 49

Source: Wikipedia
"Lee's Hidden Strength: Forbidden Secret Jutsu!"

"Gaara reappears and attacks Lee, who is weakened from using his Primary Lotus again. Lee recovers by opening the Second Gate, shocking the Jonin observers in the audience. He then proceeds to open the third and fourth gates, shocking Gaara."

Before looking at the analysis, one should understand the Primary Lotus. According to Naruto Chronicles Enclopedia Website, it stated that this jutsu requires opening the First Gate of Opening for use. The user first starts by kicking their opponent high into the air. Afterwards, they will jump up behind them and wrap their entire body in bandages (which will usually be wrapped around their arms). Then, they turn the target and themselves upside down and pile them into the ground while spinning at a dizzying speed. This is an incredibly effective taijutsu technique, as it has been shown able to crack a boulder cleanly in two. As the Primary Lotus requires the opening of the First Gate, it is extremely risky to use, as the user will be exhausted afterwards.

Analysis

According to the Narutopedia website, in reality, Lee's target was a sand-based hollow clone serving as a decoy. Lee, who is now weak from utilizing his Front Lotus once more, is fought by Gaara when she resurfaces. This time, Lee recovers swiftly and shows that he can open the Second Gate. Then, in an attempt to energize himself, he opens the Third Gate, terrifying Gaara as well. Guy and Neji see flashbacks of Lee's life before and immediately after he turned genin, demonstrating his resolve to be a respectable ninja using solely taijutsu.

Lee activates the forbidden jutsu known as the Primary Lotus. It uses a lot of chakra, hence why Lee is weak from using it again. However, Lee recovers by opening the Second Gate, shocking the Jonin observers in the audience. This clearly shows Lee's determination to win the fight, even if it means losing a lot of his chakra.

Gaara is also shocked when Lee opens the third and fourth gates. This proves that Lee is not going to give up in this match, hence why he continues to use the Primary Lotus again. There is an element of suspense since we are curious to find out what will happen next. What will Gaara do? Will Lee still have his chakra in control, or will he end up weak? We will find out in the next episode.