Season 4: Episode 167

Source: Wikipedia

"When Egrets Flap Their Wings"

"Mousou reveals himself to be Hoki, the migrating ninja, who plans to travel and collect as many jutsus as possible. He seemingly kills Chishima and knocks Naruto underwater. Naruto awakens when Sagi's ghost asks him to save Toki from her desire for revenge and defeat Mousou. Naruto rises from the water and punches Hoki, then tells Toki that he has seen Sagi. Naruto then fights against and defeats Hoki. Chishima turns out to have survived Hoki's attack. Toki apologises to her subjects for deceiving them but asks them to allow her to remain ruler and restore the Bird Country. After the group leaves, Neji tells Naruto that the first Cursed Warrior they encountered was a real ghost, much to his horror.

Analysis

The episode highlighted that the need for revenge only leads to destruction. The following analysis will look at more details about what happened.

The episode starts when Chishima enters Mousou's place around nighttime. When he entered the room, he noticed a door underground that led to a lake where he, Sagi, and Toki used to play as kids. He stumbles, and as he reaches the end, he sees Naruto standing on the lake. Naruto was standing still because he was still trapped in Mousou's genjutsu. While Naruto was distracted, Mousou, who was underwater, attempted to pull Naruto down. While Naruto was still trapped in the genjutsu, he was still fascinated to see Chishima, Sagi, and Toki hanging out at the lake. Luckily, Chishima calls him out, and Naruto finally wakes up from the genjutsu. Although Mousou managed to pull Naruto underwater, Naruto stabbed his shoulder with his kunai before he could go further underwater. As a result, Mousou lets him go, and Naruto swims upwards to breathe oxygen. As the episode progresses, Mousou keeps Toki hostage in a boat while they are in the middle of the lake.

Mousou reveals himself to be Hoki, the migrating ninja, who plans to travel and collect as many jutsus as possible. He seemingly kills Chishima and knocks Naruto underwater. When Mousou revealed his identity, he activated his technique, Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu. Due to this, the lake formed into a dragon and targeted Naruto and Chishima. Afterward, Hoki tossed his shuriken at them, and Chishima shielded Naruto from Hoki's attacks using his backside. Before Chishima passed out, Lady Toki kept calling out his name. When Chishima heard her calling out to him, he started reminiscing about their childhood: "Lady Toki I remember that there were so many wonderful days spent together at this lake, playing here with you and with Lord Sagi. In those days, the land of birds was so tranquil, so gentle, and so warm. With all your resolve, you can again restore the land of birds to the way it once was." He also tells Naruto that he should protect Lady Toki because she means everything to him. Afterwards, Chishima seemingly dies.

Chishima is presented as being brave in the sense that he risked his life to save his village. Saving Naruto meant that Naruto could put a stop to Mousou's plans to take over a village. Chishima always showed love for his village from the start, since he even gave all his money to the leaf village to save his village. Therefore, Chishima plays a role in saving his village. He is a round character who seems like a real person who cares about others. 

When Chishima seemingly dies, Naruto gets angry and promises to make Hoki pay for what he did. Before Naruto could inflict his attack on Hoki, Hoki activated his jutsu Water Style: Giant Vortex Jutsu, where huge waves come after Naruto and destroy everything in its path, including trees.

Meanwhile, Tenten, Neji, and Kakashi defeated the Watari ninja. First, Tenten used her ninja tools. Second, Neji used his gentle fist to defeat them. Last, Kakashi used substitution jutsu to deflect the Watari ninja's shuriken and then strangled his neck from behind, which caused the Watari Ninja to pass out. After they finished their battle, they entered Mousou's house and found the door that led them to the lake. They decide to follow it since it will lead them to Naruto. The Hidden Leaf Ninjas are skilled, so the Watari Ninjas were no match for them.