Season 1: Episode 33

Source: Wikipedia,
"Battle Formation: Ino-Shika-Cho!"

"Team 10 battles Team Dosu, each using their unique techniques to battle. However, though Ino uses her Mind Transfer technique on Kin, the Sound Genin has the advantage before Sasuke suddenly awakens. Empowered by Orochimaru's curse mark, Sasuke becomes a cruel and sadistic monster as he easily defeats Zaku while breaking his arms. Terrified by Sasuke's extremely cruel brutality, Sakura stops him before he can inflict fatal injuries on either of the remaining Sound Genin. Deciding that they stand no chance, Dosu leaves their scroll behind so that he and his team can retreat without further harm."

Analysis

In this episode, we learn more about the abilities of Team 10. For instance, Ino has the Mind Transfer technique, Choji has the Expansion Jutsu technique, and Shikamaru has the Shadow Possession technique. Though they had these abilities, they failed to defeat Team Dosu. This shows that they still have a long way to go to fully master their battle formation, "Ino-Shika-Cho!"

When Sasuke suddenly awakens, he is empowered by Orochimaru's curse mark. However, we learn that this power is evil, to the extent that Sasuke becomes a cruel and sadistic monster. This shows the element of change on the part of Sasuke when he breaks Zaku's arms, which is not only intense but also threatening. If it wasn't for Sakura's interference, who knows what Sasuke would have done next? Therefore, that's the power of the curse mark; it empowers someone but at a heavy price. It's deadly, and since Sasuke was empowered by it, it explains why Orochimaru said Sasuke would look for him one day. Sasuke will one day search for power that will help him towards his goal of killing the unnamed person who killed his clan. Moreover, after seeing Sasuke's power, Team Dosu decided to retreat after learning of it's power.

Sakura seems to have saved Team Dosu from Sasuke, even though they were the opposition. In this case, Sakura is shown to have compassion for Sasuke because she doesn't want him to go deep into darkness. Therefore, it is an admirable quality to have since it shows that Sakura has empathy for Sasuke. 

We are left in suspense and curious to understand what is happening with Sasuke until the next episode.

The lesson from this episode is that one can easily change once they have power. Power is like a deadly drug that, once consumed, the person won't stop pursuing, and once that happens, the person changes into a monster.