Season 3: Episode 113

Source: Wikipedia,
"Full Throttle Power! Choji, Ablaze!"

"Freed, Choji volunteers to stay behind and deal with Jirobo to give the rest of the team a chance to catch up to the other Sound Four members. As the team goes on, Choji eats the first of Akimichi's Three Colored Pills, increasing his strength. Doing so proves enough to overpower Jirobo, forcing him to advance his cursed seal to its first level. With Jirobo now having the upper hand, Choji takes the second Akimichi pill."

Analysis

The episode begins with an upbeat sound in the background. One of them includes a Japanese guitar. Moreover, it's a continuation of the previous episode, where Choji broke the barrier using his expansion jutsu.

A drumbeat adds to the intensity of the beat. For instance, Choji transforms into a human boulder and smashes through the barrier, which causes a Japanese flute playing in the background to become even more intense. Afterwards, the music switches as Choji breaks through the barrier, which results in the beat becoming smoother. After that, the title of the episode appears, and the music stops playing in the background.

Freed, Choji volunteers to stay behind and deal with Jirobo to give the rest of the team a chance to catch up to the other Sound Four members. A lot has happened in this particular scene. In the forest, Jirobo is bothered because he did not expect Team Shikamaru to break the barrier. For instance, he said in his mind, "They managed to escape my barrier, Ninjutsu."  After breaking the barrier, Team Shikamaru realized that he was the only ninja who stayed behind and that the rest of the Sound Four had already left. 

The scene shifts to where the Sound Four Ninja can be seen, showing that they are far ahead. Meanwhile, Naruto and Kiba attempt to defeat the enemy as an electric guitar plays in the background with a deep bass sound. First, Kiba used his kamoi fang; however, Jirobo stopped the attack. Second, Naruto activates his Shadow Clone Jutsu; however, Jirobo stops that attack as well. In response to both of their offensive attacks, Jirobo beat Naruto and Kiba with his taijutsu, which shows that he is a force to be reckoned with. Therefore, it will not be easy to defeat him. Moreover, the situation gets intense when the music intensifies as Jirobo activates his earth-style barrier—an earth dome prison. In response to his attack, Choji employs his Human Boulder Expansion Jutsu, which prevents the attack. In the meantime, the music keeps playing in the background to signify that Choji is in the same league as Jirobo. Therefore, the audience understands why Choji decided to remain behind and fight against Jirobo.

Meanwhile, Team Shikamaru found a safe place in the forest to hide from Jirobo. Shikamaru came up with a strategy because they were running out of time, so they had no choice but to split up. In response, Neji agrees, saying, "With all our chakra taken away, even with the five of us against him, he's not going to be easy to take out. And with every second that passes, Sasuke gets close to the border. Once he crosses it, it will all be out of our hands." Shikamaru and Neji prove to be the ones with brains on the team. Both of them share one similarity: they use their intelligence to assess the situation. 

Shikamaru came up with a strategy as he said, "So we should split into two groups, one to stop him and one to follow Sasuke." According to Shikamaru, Neji has to take the second squad. Meanwhile, Jirobo activates his earth-style jutsu once again. He tracks down Shikamaru's party and finds them; hence, there is an intense atmosphere. 

Creepy music starts playing in the background as Shikamaru gives orders. First, he said Neji should take Kiba and Choji and head out to find Sasuke. Second, Shikamaru said that Naruto and himself should handle Jirobo. Therefore, Shikamaru attempts to use the Shadow Possession Jutsu, which highlights the importance of teamwork because it helps to achieve immediate results. However, Shikamaru's Shadow Possession Jutsu does not work on Jirobo. In response to Shikamaru's attack, Jirobo used his earth-style jutsu to block the attack. As a result, dramatic music intensifies as Jirobo carries a huge boulder using his earth-style jutsu and hurls it their way. Luckily, they managed to dodge the attack, but Jirobo caught Shikamaru and tossed him aside, which compelled Choji to activate his Expansion Jutsu to save Shikamaru. Afterwards,  the music stops playing in the background to signify that Choji is in the same league as Jirobo. For instance, he has the same strength and abilities as Jirobo, hence why he stays behind to fight against Jirobo.