Season 4: Episode 150

Source: Wikipedia

"A Battle of Bugs: The Deceivers and the Deceived"

"It is revealed that the bug users who kidnapped Hinata are part of a clan that was an old rival of the Aburame clan. It seeks to recover a scroll using the Bikochu to restore its former glory. Hinata's companions hide the Bikochu and attempt to rescue her, but are lured into a trap. Hinata attempts to escape but is swept down a river while stuck in a cocoon."

Analysis

The following analysis will look at:

· The history between the Aburame Clan and the Kamizuru Clan

· The reason why the Kamizuru clan wants the Bikochu

· The role of Hinata

It will also look at other techniques that were used in a battle between the genin and the Kamizuru clan members.

The history between the Aburame Clan and the Kamizuru Clan

It is revealed that the bug users who kidnapped Hinata are part of a clan that was an old rival of the Aburame clan. Shino narrates the history between the two clans. He heard that in the Land of Earth, in the Hidden Stone Village, there's a clan of insect handlers who specialize in bees. The word is that they are called the Kamizuru clan. They were thought to be as skilled as the Aburame clan in the past.

As Shino begins narrating the history between the two clans, intense music with a mix of electric guitar and drums starts to play in the background. Shino said, "It was back in my grandfather's day when the shinobi of the Hidden Stone Village attempted to invade the Hidden Leaf. The Kamizuru clan had chosen to map out a strategy; they planned to attack with an immense swarm of bees, letting the main forces strike in the chaos. But the Aburame got wind of it and led them into the force to the west. It was an unprecedented battle between insect handlers, and the Aburame prevailed. With that victory in hand, the Aburame clan quickly rose to prominence in the Leaf Village. Although the Kamizuru fell to ruin back in the village hidden in the stone, they say that there are only a few of them left." It explains why the three members of the Kamizuru clan want the Bikochu. They want to restore the clan's honour.

The reason why the Kamizuru clan wants the Bikochu

It seeks to recover a scroll using the Bikochu to restore its former glory. They are looking for a secret book that belonged to the Tsuchikage. It is said to have a wide array of forbidden jutsu useful to insect handlers. If their clan had had it when they fought with the Aburame, they wouldn't have lost the battle. Therefore, that's why they need the Bikochu. 

One of the members of the Kamizuru clan had a deceased grandfather who was the original Tsuchikage. Moreover, she shows her comrades the lock of hair that belonged to her grandfather. Thus, they plan to use the Bikochu to detect his scent, which will hopefully lead them to the location of the secret book. If they get the book, the village will acknowledge them and hopefully restore the clan to its former glory. They are like Hinata, who also longs for recognition.

The role of Hinata

She plays a role in the sense that this entire mission was her idea. When Shino told her about the existence of the Bikochu, Kiba and Shino thought they should set their sights on missions that were sure to help the village. Even though the odds of finding Bikochu were extremely low, she was adamant about pursuing this mission. It's the first time Hinata has ever volunteered for a mission. For that reason, they need to succeed. Also, the other reason she suggested this mission in the first place was because of her love for Naruto. She was feeling sympathetic about his situation, and she wanted to do whatever it took to help him. Therefore, she has empathy, as she cares a lot about Naruto. Hinata is a round character who seems like a real person who cares about Naruto. 

Hinata's companions hide the Bikochu and attempt to rescue her, but are lured into a trap. After hiding the Bikochu, the Genin met with the Kamizuru bug users at a high cliff. They disguised a goliath beetle as a Bikochu, yet the enemy noticed the disguise. Shino supposedly defeated them using his parasitic insects, and Kiba supposedly saved Hinata. However, the enemies and Hinata were all in disguise, as they turned out to be beeswax. This is where we see the relevance of the title of the episode. The Genin were the deceivers in disguising the Goliath beetle as the Bikochu. However, they ended up being deceived since Hinata and the enemies were just beeswax.

Moreover, when the genin ran away in the forest, the Kamizuru bug users were pursuing them. The woman was using her 1000 Bee Stinger Jutsu against the genin; however, they were just beetle clones. In other words, the Kamizuru bug users were the ones who were deceived, while the Genin were the deceivers.

Another example worth noting is that Shino's team found where Hinata was captured in a honeycomb cave. At first, it seemed that they found Hinata and rescued her. However, it wasn't Hinata; it was the woman of the Kamizuru clan. She was wearing Hinata's coat to hide her scent, and Shino only realized it was a trap because when Hinata hugged Naruto, her face didn't turn red, and she didn't faint like she always does. Therefore, there is a threatening atmosphere as Shino's team is in danger.

Moreover, the real Hinata was taken to a river, where she is still covered in a cacoon. She is trapped in a cacoon with a rope made of beeswax that is surrounded by bees. Moreover, the beeswax rope is holding onto a rock. At that moment, Hinata feels like a burden, as is evident in her words: "I feel so awful; in the end, I was nothing but a burden. The same as always." The enemy said if she attempted to escape, the bees would cut the rope, and she would most likely die after being swept down a river.

Hinata attempts to escape but is swept down a river while stuck in a cocoon. Hinata came up with a plan on how to escape. She plans to take down all the bees at once using her Byakugan so that she can escape. At that moment, she remembers the time when Naruto and Neji were fighting during the Chunin exams and how Naruto said he didn't know when to give up. Due to this, she is inspired not to give up. She managed to cut most of the bees with her Byakugan, yet she missed one, so she ends up being swept down a river while stuck in a cacoon. Will she survive? This will be revealed in the next episode.

The episode ends when Naruto, Kiba, and Shino are stuck in a sticky situation. They are stuck below a bee larva, which feeds on their chakra. To make matters worse, the woman of the Kamizuru clan summoned a giant bee that was likely to eat them alive. What will happen to Naruto, Kiba, and Shino? This will be revealed in the next episode.