Season 1: Episode 40

Source: Wikipedia
"Kakashi and Orochimaru: Face-to-Face!"

"Kakashi threatens to kill Orochimaru, a threat that Orochimaru takes lightly. Despite this, Orochimaru leaves, with Kakashi terrified at his foolishness. Meanwhile, Shino and Zaku Abumi continue their match, with Shino ultimately winning his match through the use of his destruction bugs, leaving Kankuro and Misumi Tsurugi to fight next."

Analysis

Orochimaru proves to be a very scary opponent to fight against. When Kakashi threatened to kill Orochimaru, Orochimaru showed Kakashi a vision of his death, which caused Kakashi to become paralyzed with fear. This is why Orochimaru was able to leave, and at that moment, Kakashi realized he couldn't defeat Orochimaru. Therefore, Orochimaru isn't an easy opponent to defeat, which makes one wonder: if Kakashi, a highly skilled ninja, couldn't kill him, what kind of power does Orochimaru have? What kind of skills does Orochimaru possess? All of these rhetorical questions will be answered later on. 

Meanwhile, Shino has won the fight against Zaku. Zaku is the one who got his arms broken by Sasuke. According to the Narutopedia website, Zaku could fire air pressure through modified holes in his palms, so Shino tricked Zaku by filling the holes in his arms with insects during a brief moment of distraction. When Zaku tried to use his ability, he severely injured himself, ending the match in a win for Shino.

There is an unfolding of events where, in the next match, Kankuro is up against Misumi Tsurugi.