Chapter 644. Five Years. Secret Realm's Approaching Date.

Five years after they arrived at Distancia, the date for the secret realm that was going to appear near Dolgor City was around the corner.

Yasenia and the girls had flown out of the Sect and stationed themselves in the Astral Sky Shop they had set up in this city.

Because Yasenia would stay here for some time and later go to the gathering area for the Secret Realm entrance, Alaia, Selena, Clara, Leila, Flora, Doriel, and another thirty maids came with her.

The remaining high-level maid and the other thirteen stayed in the Sect and took care of it together with Ghana, Drasha, Finnegan, Ignirean, and the other high-level people.

While Alaia and the others took care of Angel as their personal maids, Doriel substituted Anna and Eve and took care of Yasenia's specific needs.

Yasenia was sitting on a chair in a beautiful garden while Doriel massaged her shoulders. The dragoness smiled and looked at her, gazing deep into those completely black eyes. Doriel chuckled and asked. "Is there something wrong, miss?"

Yasenia shook her head. "Just admiring your eyes. They are truly fascinating."

Doriel laughed softly and leaned down to kiss her forehead. "Thank you so much, Young Miss. Now that I think about it, I haven't told the story about them."

Yasenia blinked. "Oh? They weren't like that from the beginning?"

Doriel shook her head and used her expert fingers to caress Yasenia's scalp, making the dragoness delightfully squint. "I had normal brown eyes before with white sclera. However, when I unlocked my innate skill, [Malevolent Devil Gaze], they became as they are now."

Doriel seemed to look at the horizon and sighed. "At that time, most people I knew became scared of me and distanced themselves. Then, I entered a demonic sect and polished my assassination skills. When I was trying to murder one of Lady Tatyana's subordinates, she stopped me and took a fancy of my skills, asking me if I wanted to become stronger. I agreed. This happened a bit over seventy years ago."

Yasenia listened with interest shining in her eyes, so Doriel continued. "Then, I realized that I was thrown into a personal maid training camp. I was naturally dissatisfied."

"Hahaha, I can imagine it." Yasenia chuckled.

Doriel lowered her hands to massage Yasenia's temples softly and continued. "However, to my surprise and horror, the training was so harsh that people began dying from the first day." Even she, a ruthless and trained Demonic Cultivator assassin, couldn't help but shiver slightly remembering those harsh days hovering between life and death.

Yasenia knew more or less that it was extremely harsh, but she asked. "Mom never told me, but how many trainees were there initially?"

Doriel pondered. "I myself killed over three thousand others, and the other maids should have a similar kill count, so a few hundreds of thousands."

"Huh? Killing others?"

Doriel explained. "Lady Tatyana used non-conventional methods to train us. We often had to kill each other for treasures to increase our strength and survive. All three hundred personal maids at your disposal are fearsome warriors that have gone through a blood baptism."

The dragoness was shocked, and then she felt touched. "You all went through such a harsh selection?"

Doriel looked down and smiled softly. "Don't worry, Young Miss. We are more than glad for Lady Tatyana's training method. Although it was ruthless and something many would call evil, the strength, potential, and other benefits we gained from it are more than worth it. Not to mention, being able to serve Young Miss already made us feel content."