Chapter 722. Yasenia Reveals Most of the Truth. Mortal Cultivation Realms.

Cao Chenghua decided not to continue speaking. Although deep in his mind, he still believed that Yasenia was overestimating herself, he didn't dare look down on her.

Even if Yasenia could display a fifth of what she boasted about now, it would be a power worth recognizing.

The rest of the leaders also nodded because they didn't feel falsehood coming from her.

In the past, Yasenia has relied on boasting her true capabilities to make deals and create her power. However, those kinds of deflection tactics would not work with these people.

The main reason for that was the absolute chasm in power that separated them.

While sensing lies was not an expected quality nor skill cultivators had, that changed when we spoke about leaders of multiple powers. The people talking with Yasenia right now were old, the youngest being Tengliu at 1500 years of age.

Other than that, aura fluctuations were also an excellent way to discern people's intentions besides their words. And higher-level cultivators had an easy time understanding these aura fluctuations coming from weaker ones.

It was to the point that if the strength difference was massive, the cultivator could even tell what they were thinking. Something Tatyana had demonstrated a few times before, the most recent case being Sarah.

Dragons were so apt when spotting lies or half-truths because of their innate ability to feel the aura fluctuations a creature had. A person might be able to control their body and energy perfectly so as not to appear flustered, but controlling even the minute reactions was impossible, not even for a high-level cultivator.

In short, Yasenia would have a very hard time lying to these people; even when telling half-truths, she would need to be careful about it.

Li Xianghua, the Sect Master of the Nine Herb Fragrance Sect, smiled. "Well, now that we are done with the stuffy stuff, let's move on. The Nine Herb Fragrance Sect wants to create a cooperative alliance with the Astral Sky Sect. The raw materials, products, and tools I've seen are sublime to the point that I feel regretful for not being able to use them earlier."

Li Yanhong swiftly followed. "The Nine Grudge Poison Sect is also willing to form a cooperative alliance with the Astral Sky Sect."

Yasenia was not surprised. The techniques taught in her sect had knowledge coming from the Sky Continent integrated. She laughed and nodded. "Sure. We'll go over the details later."

Suddenly, a voice nobody expected was heard. "The Ocean Swallowing Mermaid Clan also wants a cooperative alliance."

Yasenia's eyebrows shot upward as she turned to look at her. She thought that this aloof and indifferent Queen would not be tempted. "This is unexpected, Mermaid Queen. May I ask why?"

The Mermaid Queen nodded, still elegant and indifferent. "The potential you've shown far exceeds my expectations. Not to mention, I've even sensed a few auras of danger in your territory, which is unthinkable for a recently formed first-rated power. The environment you have here is enviable to the point that I would've forcefully conquered it if you hadn't shown enough strength to protect it."

The Mermaid Queen continued. "Therefore, I would like a residence for my race in your sect, if possible. We can negotiate the price to keep it, and we can also sign a non-aggression agreement. While a heavenly oath won't protect it, you've shown enough of your personality for me to understand you finally."

Yasenia smirked. "Understand me?"

The Mermaid Queen smiled. "Yes. Unless provoked, you are a great ally. However, you will become a nightmarish enemy if someone touches your bottom line."