Chapter 762. A Delicious Sandwitch and a Bun in the Oven.

During this one-and-a-half week, Cecile, Andrea, and Kali focused on training while Angel worked on the formations around the house, and Evelyn took care of everything else.

Evelyn was in a room with a desk, the place that would've been Yasenia's temporary office, looking through a few documents. While Evelyn was usually focused on Tailoring and Cultivation, she was a very intelligent person.

Many times, Yasenia had consulted with her about a few strategic decisions. Of all the girls, when it came to management skills, Evelyn was second, right after Yasenia.

Alaia entered with a document in her hand and commented. "Evelyn, there have been three groups that tried to sneak inside. Here is the data we've managed to uncover."

Evelyn took it, and her violet eyes scanned the documents. "Hm. It doesn't feel urgent. They are all local powers that probably got incentivized by either the Continental Shadows or anyone tied to the Demons Yasenia provoked on our day arriving at [Ascending Ocean City]."

Alaia nodded. "That's what we thought as well. We've planned to leave it aside for now until Lady Tatyana and Young Miss stop their mating."

Evelyn nodded, taking other documents with the expenses of the activities in the city. "By the way, Alaia. What's up with the formation costs? I don't usually dab in our expenses other than those related to Tailoring, but this formation we are building is quite expensive for a temporary stay, no?"

Alaia explained with a smile. "Young Miss is always like this when it is related to your safety. It's quite a normal expense."

Evelyn blinked. "100,000 Flawless Parus were used for this formation."

Alaia nodded.

Evelyn blinked twice. "That's about one hundred times as much as an average First Rate sect's yearly expenditure."

Alaia nodded. "Most of the items used by Young Miss are self-grown."

Evelyn tilted her head. "I see... It's quite a lot, eh? That's the cost of a mid-level Heaven Ranked treasure."

Alaia laughed softly. "Yasenia would burn a hundred of those if it meant keeping you girls safe, so I would say that's on the cheaper side. She has actually cut down many expenses because we, the maids, are here."

Evelyn acknowledged and commented. "How is the thing I asked you to do?"

Alaia summoned another document and gave it to her. "Here are the top ten shops for each of the professions. We've also sent a few of the maids into the underwater side of the city, so these seven lists are a mix of everything we've managed to explore during the last week."

Evelyn looked at the titles. "Restaurants, Forgeries, Alchemy Workshops, Cloth shops, Tattoo Workshops, Formation Shops, and Hospitals. Good, thank you, Alaia." Evelyn used her energy and picked up a very thick stack of documents and jade-scrolls, giving them to her. "Here is the processing of the usual work."

Alaia took them and gave them a superficial look. After 15 minutes, Alaia nodded. "Perfect. You are quite good at this, haha."

Evelyn smiled wryly. "Compared to Yasenia, I'm a novice."

Alaia didn't deny it. The work Evelyn did in an hour, Yasenia would probably do in 5 minutes. Still, Evelyn's work speed was commendable. "Still, Young Miss is just different. There is no reason to compare yourself to her."

Evelyn laughed. "That's true. Speaking of that lovable dragoness, have they stopped increasing the moisture levels of that particular room?"

Alaia snorted a laugh. "A peculiar way of asking. Yes, they stopped about 4 hours ago. They are now sleeping. Taking into account Young Miss's habits, they are probably going to wake up in half an hour."