Chapter 653. Mysterious Cave.

Author Note: p atr eon.com/posts/sun-engulfing-92141463 This is the completed version of Ebirah's illustration. "Sun Engulfing Lobster Ebirah, Crystal Beauty." It's actually the best illustration I've received yet, on par with Yasenia's portrait (Yasenia's portrait is free on Discord). Artist: Jazmenia

*****************************************************

After they entered the mountain, Andrea couldn't hold it and laughed. "It seems our name has some influence. Good job, love."

Yasenia smiled. "Honestly, I was fully expecting a fight to occur. It's a shame. I wanted to fight with you in a group."

Cecile agreed while walking hand in hand with Yasenia. "I wanted to fight too. They are cowards."

Tatyana smirked. "Well, that wolfman looked very butt hurt. As long as you steal the major treasure in this mountain, you will probably have a fight. I can guess that they are already planning something."

Yasenia was unsure. "Really? Even after knowing who we are and the attitude of the Devil Smashing Ape?"

Tatyana nodded. "Those kinds of people are too prideful since life has always gone with their whims and desires. This time, you not only offended them and their race but also did it in front of many other clans. Moreover, as you've heard, they are quite sure that they can kill you because of the level limitation of the Secret Realm."

Yasenia nodded. "That's a fair assessment."

Cecile's lips gained a slight smirk. "I hope they can resist."

Yasenia chuckled. "Let's not get too overconfident and maintain a higher alert from now on. Kali, are they following us?"

They were in the forest part of the mountain, so Kali was the person with the broadest detection range.

Kali sent a pulse of energy through the forest and closed her eyes for a second. Then, she shook her head. "I can sense a few people in a five-kilometer radius, but they are not life signatures of the seniors we've seen before."

Angel was skipping a bit ahead, looking at a few plants with interest and then plucking them. "These are nice to make formation ink~."

Yasenia looked over and recognized them. She chuckled. "Don't we have quite a few growing in my ring, baby?"

Angel said seriously. "There are never enough formation materials!"

The girls laughed.

Evelyn asked. "Speaking of which, where is that treasure you felt."

Yasenia looked around and sniffed the air. After a few moments, she looked upward and spoke. "In that direction. I think the treasure is in the rocky area."

They nodded and continued climbing. Yasenia tilted her head. "Can you girls feel it?"

The girls spread their senses and suddenly caught a faint presence, making their eyebrows rise. Evelyn spoke. "Quite a strong presence? Is there a powerful beast around here?"

Andrea hypothesized. "If Yasenia can smell a powerful treasure, it should have a strong protector. This thing must be it."

Kali gave a detail most of them didn't catch. "It's... hibernating? I can feel its vital signs being quite feeble. However, it's not a weakness due to injury, but as if it conserves energy."

The dragoness's said seriously. "Just in case, be serious. One thing is wanting to fight, and another is being reckless and taking fights we might be unable to win."

The girls nodded, and energy slowly circulated in their bodies, being prepared just in case.

After walking for about thirty minutes at a moderate pace, they left the forest area and stepped into the rocky part of the mountain. It was a very tall one, about thirty or more kilometers in height.