Chapter 652. Nearing the Treasure and Confrontation.

As they flew through the forest, Yasenia's nose twitched, and she slowed down. "Wait."

They came to a halt and looked at her. They saw Yasenia sniffing around as her pupils shrank and dilated.

Her tail swayed languidly, and a slow smile spread on her lips. "Not bad. Is it more pronounced over here?"

Her dragon eyes kept looking around as she sniffed the air, slowly sensing a slightly metallic but sweet scent.

After a few moments, the dragoness smiled and pointed toward a mountain in the distance not too far away from them. "There are nice treasures in that direction."

They couldn't help but chuckle while Evelyn commented. "Having a dragon in the group is really convenient. Say, I'm really curious. How do treasures smell?"

Yasenia tilted her head and started walking in the direction of the treasure with the others. "Hm... I can't really describe it. The usual adjectives can't be used as it is a very different scent. How to say it... Low-level treasures don't have a smell, but the higher they are, the more pronounced the scent is. Moreover, it can't reach further out. If my instincts are correct, this treasure is between fifty to two hundred kilometers away."

Andrea laughed. "That's not very precise, love."

Yasenia pouted. "At least I can say the general direction."

The tall, tanned woman chuckled again and kissed her cheek. "Yes, yes. Our dearest is impressive."

"It is good that you know it." Yasenia's tail wagged as the corners of her lips arched.

Without any more delay, they deployed their movement techniques and flashed toward the distant mountain.

Meanwhile, quite a few cultivators were roaming in the mountain area. Although other races didn't have treasure senses, the high-energy density and impressive scenery attracted quite a few people.

The mountain was extremely tall, with a forest that climbed half of it, while the top half was completely bare and filled with rocks. It felt as if something was blocking the vitality halfway through.

A wolfkin from the Back Steel Wolf Clan spoke aloud. "Juniors, remember that you have ten hours more before us seniors start exploring." His voice echoed in the mountain, reaching the ears of the hundreds of juniors exploring.

Besides him, a very tall man from the Devil Smashing Ape clan guarded the entrance.

Both groups had met each other and were cooperating to monopolize this area.

A rogue group of cultivators appeared and tried to go up, but the four low-level Epoch Core elders appeared before them. The same man who announced that before said. "The Steel Back Wolf clan and Devil Smashing Ape clan are exploring this area. Please, turn around and look elsewhere."

The leading squirrel woman frowned. "Don't be unreasonable. The secret realm is a public area; you can't abuse your authority like this."

The wolfkin grinned, looking at the short and cute woman with mocking eyes. "You are just a squirrel-kin. Do you really think you can go against us? Scram before we change our intentions."

The woman's face contorted in anger, but a squirrel man beside her held her back. "Du Xian, let's go. It's not worth fighting here."

Du Xian looked at the man and sighed. "But, husband, even if we are a weak clan, we can't let others step on us! I'm the Matriarch of the clan!"

Du Lian shook his head. "Let's go. You know how violent the wolf clan can get."

Du Xian sighed. "Let's go, then..."