Chapter 683. A Relaxing Time With Du Xian.

The squirrel woman, Du Xian, was hugging Yasenia and rubbing her face on her soft skin while leaning completely on someone who was a complete stranger and she wanted to beat just moments ago.

Even then, her face only radiated happiness as two blushes colored her white cheeks. The soul-depth comfort she felt was relaxing to the point that she had already lowered her guard to a point she should never have.

Thankfully for Du Xian, Yasenia just vented with Xiang Yinnu, so her wish for battle was momentarily quenched, leaving behind the softer side of her usual self. Moreover, her cuteness tugged Yasenia's ever-rising motherly instincts, even when the woman between her arms was probably more than seven times older than herself.

Yasenia asked softly while scratching behind her animal ears and the length of her squirrel tail. "So, Du Xian, you are quite a strong woman. Why are you ranked so low?"

Du Xian frowned and looked upward with a pitiful gaze, feeling compelled to whine and act cute. "An enemy of my clan attacked me, and I was fighting for a long time... Moreover, I lost that fight, and with my injuries, I could only gain a 1.4 multiplier."

Yasenia nodded. "I see. Is that why you challenged me? But... There should be many others in the top fifty with Ethereal Soul Realm strength, right? To challenge the one who was ranked second, that's a bit of a risky thing to do, even if my cultivation is low, right?"

Du Xian blinked. "You were the only one I could challenge... All the Ethereal Soul cultivators besides you were fighting or resting." Then, the squirrel woman's face paled, and she looked at Yasenia with trembling eyes. "R-Right... I came here to challenge you..."

Yasenia saw the distress of the woman sitting on her lap at a glance and felt the corner of her heart soften. She hugged her tightly, squishing Du Xian into her soft embrace, and smiled while their faces were quite close. "Do you still want to fight me?"

Du Xian's face first blushed when the weapons of massive destruction crushed and morphed under the pressure of the hug. When her eyes moved down out of curiosity, she was paralyzed at the sight. 'S-So big...'

Yasenia almost burst into laughter, her eyes curving with mirth. "So?'

Du Xian snapped out of her daze and looked up, meeting with the pair of slit-eyes that softly looked at her. She bit her lip, her emotions clearly appearing on her face. "I must. I'm the Matriarch of my race, after all..."

Yasenia blinked with surprise. "The Matriarch?"

Du Xian saw the disbelief on her face and pouted. "Believe it or not, I'm very strong."

Curious, she asked. "How do you compare to Xiang Yinnu?"

Instantly, the face of the squirrel girl darkened. "T-That's the enemy I was talking about! She is always trying to make me her puppet! Thankfully, Lian and I could endure her barrage of attacks. Did you know she has four five-level Epoch Core puppets? Truly abnormal. If you see her, you must be careful, Yasenia."

The dragoness didn't know if to tell her the truth or not, but after a few moments, she decided to do so. 'Her reaction will probably be adorable.'

With a smirk, Yasenia spoke. "Well, you won't have to worry anymore about her."

Du Xian titled her head. "Why not?"

The dragoness laughed. "The person that challenged me before you was her, and I killed her."

The already big eyes of the squirrel girl widened further, and her cute mouth opened. "W-What?"

The dragoness stifled her laugh. 'As expected, really cute.'