Chapter 744. Aftermath. Cecile's Hidden Care.

Falling, the sensation of her consciousness disappearing as tearing pain ripped the insides of her body apart permeated through her being.

Yasenia internally laughed at the ridiculousness of the Tribulation's intensity.

'But I lived.'

Yasenia knew that she didn't die; her eyes clearly saw all the bolts being torn into pieces before her vision flashed white, and darkness engulfed her mind.

'I need to wake up and continue training. I'm far from being able to stop.'

The almost still Celestial Star Energy in her dantian began spinning at a normal pace again, and her dried and damaged meridians were filled with her energy once again. Like gentle rain falling into dry land, it slowly seeped into her and healed all her injuries.

With the number of times her body had been on the verge of death, her regeneration factor and proficiency had been increased enough for her to tell, even when unconscious, how much time she would need to wake up.

'Hm... Two days. Sigh... My dears must be worried.'

Yasenia was worried but not restless. She trusted that her dears had a good mental fortitude. 'Only... Kaleina was also there, right? I hope my injuries didn't startle her too much.'

The tactile sensation on her body slowly returned, and she could feel the weight and tender scales of her little baby. 'Is Kaleina sleeping on top of me? Hm... I can feel someone grabbing my hand as well. This size and texture... Sweetheart?'

The hand grabbing her tightened as if answering to her being recognized, and Yasenia smiled softly. Her body burned with pain, but she didn't mind. As long as they were by her side, Yasenia was satisfied.

'Hm. I can feel that I've recovered enough to regain consciousness. Let's wake up, then.'

Slowly, she put strength on her heavy eyelids, and after a flash of white and her pupils constricting and dilating to adjust to the light, she saw her surroundings.

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

The cool but gentle voice of her soulmate reached her ears, making Yasenia slowly move her eyes sideways to look at Cecile. "G-Good Morning."

Cecile smiled, but Yasenia could clearly feel the distress in her sweetheart's soul. She knew that even if Cecile didn't really express herself outward, inside, she was a really expressive girl.

Each time they went somewhere, finished their training, or saw something interesting, Cecile would always inform her and speak about it through their connection. There were times that Yasenia would be bombarded with words for many minutes at once.

The dragoness found this endearing, so she not only didn't stop her but encouraged her. People thought that her sweetheart was an Ice Queen without emotions, but they couldn't be more wrong, which amused Yasenia.

"Time?"

Yasenia moved her parched throat and asked. Cecile understood her, and she spoke, taking a cup of water enhanced by many nourishing medicines and feeding it to her slowly. "It's the third morning after you received the tribulation."

Yasenia blinked and drank slowly, feeling her damaged throat healing. After drinking, Yasenia asked again. "Injuries?"

Cecile paused, but she didn't show anything extra in her face. "Truth?"

Yasenia laughed but hissed right after. The mere chest movement of her almost laugh delivered quite a piercing pain into her brain.

Cecile looked at her lover, wrapped in bandages like a mummy. Even her face only left open her two pretty golden eyes, nose, and mouth. 'It was scary.'