Chapter 786. First Confrontation.

Yasenia's group moved at an extremely high speed toward the central pillar. Andrea asked, "Do we not check who was fighting over there?"

Yasenia shook her head. "There is no need. This is area 8, and from what I've investigated, there are no real allies that we know of here."

Andrea nodded in understanding.

Kali pondered. "When do we engage in combat, Yasenia?"

"As I said before, our objective is to reach the fifth floor in the top 1024. Therefore, we must avoid fighting as much as possible."

With that in mind, they continued moving through the unending swamp, taking detours to avoid confrontations and ignoring battles occurring all around.

However, avoiding it forever was naturally not possible.

After one and a half days of constant running, they finally reached a point close enough to the central pillar when they were unable to continue to avoid trouble.

Cecile commented. "We've been quick, but many of the paths leading forward are guarded. It is impossible to move stealthily without using Valeria's [Ethereal Blossom]-level stealth."

Yasenia remembered. 'That plant was one of Valeria's strongest summons, right? A perfect assassin or something like that?' Remembering the grayish doll-like body, Yasenia chuckled. 'It is quite a cute thing at a glance.'

While thinking so, Yasenia felt a strange energy wave phasing through her body, and her pupils thinned.

With immediate reactions, Yasenia ordered. "Follow me. There are five people in the southeast direction that have used some sort of scanning feature. Let's engage before they realize."

With her words, Andrea, Cecile, and Kali instantly covered themselves in strengthening auras and shot right behind Yasenia.

Eira followed a few hundred meters behind, with her hand on the pommel of her sword.

On the other side of the energy pulse, one bear man asked. "Leader, won't this energy pulse startle people?"

The leader, another bear man, shook his head. "How could it be? Wasn't it faint even here? As it spreads, it becomes even more unnoticeable. Only perverted people would be able to sense something as light as this in an environment full of many other energy signals."

That same one asked. "What do we do until we get the signal back, leader? Sect Master placed you at the lead, so we'll follow your orders."

The bear man leader with a hulking stature nodded. "Let's first wait. We've already made a pact with the Nine Sect to fight them if we see them."

A bear woman in the group snorted. "I didn't expect them to have something like this. How do you think they had it ready?"

The leader shrugged. "They've been at odds for a while. It is normal for the strongest Assassin Sect to-."

Suddenly, his pupils shrunk, and he hastily threw a palm strike toward his back. "[Adamium Paw Collapse]!"

His skin and bones hardened like metal as his body spun, gathering momentum.

When he completely turned, he finally saw what was coming his way.

It was an extremely powerful black arrow surrounded by a tempestuous silver blizzard.

BOOM!

His palm and the arrow collided in a massive explosion. The [Moon Freezing Catastrophe] skill acted after the collision, creating a monstrous hurricane of Spatial, Wind, and Moon energies that swallowed the five people.