The Gold Room

Megan POV

Sitting in our section, the loud music of the club blurred into my ear as everyone danced. Rapping and singing along to the songs, I nodded my head as I sipped on my soda.

Looking over at my sister and my friends, they were having a good time drinking and shaking their asses as I sat here. Clubs were not my scenery, I was not a club girl. However, I wanted to celebrate with everyone for the bullet we dodged.

Placing my eyes on Trey, I smiled as him and the guys were in their own section having a good time. I wasn't sure if it was the fluorescence of the club's lights or the dimly lit club floor, but whatever it was made him look good.

The green suede sweatsuit he had on matched well with his white sneakers. A red snapback twisted the other way on his braided hair appealed to the grills in his mouth as he smiled.

Holding a cup in his hand, the giant pinky and pointer finger rings covered most of its label as he sat at the top of the seat.

Smiling at him, seeing the smile he had not had in a while return to his face made me feel easy. The stress of this year had weighed both of us and it felt good that at least one of us was stress free..

Rubbing my belly, even though Trey's promise about my pregnancy not being like the last, I had a feeling it was going to be worse.

Last time when I was pregnant with Kylie, we did not have so many people gunning for us.

After the trial, seeing the amount of people on Jordan's side made me realize how divided this city had became.

Surprised to a certain degree, seeing Jackson sitting there with Anthony and Renee shook me down. He looked horrible, like he was a crack addict horrible.

That night at my house, his life was spared by luck and I think he knew that.

He disappeared after the altercation and never turned up, seeing him there today was basically an indication that he just like everyone else on Jordan's side thought Trey was going to jail.

When Judge Sionis put out his decision, you should have seen the way the color drained from Jackson's face.

He flew from his seat and out the side door before anyone could see him. Being that he was only here to see Trey get put away was a mistake on his part.

Not saying I condone what my future husband does, but by now everyone should've known that Treyjuan Davidson always had a plan B. If plan B did not work, plan C, D, E, F and G would.

There was no getting around that and I did my best to show modesty when Judge Sionis ruled his decision.

Seeing Jordan's wife be brought to tears for the injustice of her husband, I felt bad.

Before your judgment, I only felt bad because out of everyone on that side she was actually the only innocent soul.

She never tied herself to the beef going on between Jordan and Trey. She never acted like a medieval serpent bitch like Renee did either.

She stayed to herself and supported her man just like me. Just like me she was collateral damage in a war that started way before either of us knew of one another.

Watching her cry tears of pain for her husband made me realize that it could have been me crying today.

Trey could have been the one getting the injustice and I would be balling my eyes out just like her. Glancing back over at him again, I felt a little better that he was the one on the winning side.