Part Three: Pinocchio

Megan POV

     Sitting in the pews, after the mud Bleu dragged Anthony in a reset in the court was needed. When he got down he had a lot of things to say before he was pulled to his seat and hushed by Renee.

Staring at the front again, Jackson was up.

   The look on his face was unreadable as he tried his best not to look my way.

  The furrowed lines on his forward nonetheless were staring at me for him as he pretended like he was the only one in the room.

   Noticing Trey lean over to Bleu, I watched as they chuckled amongst each other before Trey turned to me. Winking at me, he gave me a thumbs up to check on me.

   Smiling small, I nodded softly as he turned back around.

After Jackson's turn, it was my turn.

If Jackson pulls through and does what he's supposed to, my turn would be much easier however I was still dreading even going up there.

Seeing the way Hubbard teared into Kianna with only one question, I was afraid of fluttering and frazzling out like she did.

I couldn't afford to let Hubbard shake me and if he did then I would be letting Trey down again.

Looking over at him again, he seemed in better spirits after Bleu's go at Anthony. He seemed more calm, more at ease like he was waiting for this entire ordeal to get over with.

Cutting my eyes back at Jackson, I stiffened as he was actually looking at me this time. Staring at each other, before I could get a good read on him order became in the court.

Sionis: Alright, alright quiet down." he sighed as everyone got settled again.

Sionis: Mr. Hubbard, is this your last witness?"

Hubbard: Yes your honor, we do not need anymore." he said confidently.

Sionis: Mr. Bellard, what about you?" he turned to him.

Bellard: After Ms. Kingsely, my client would like to say something." he said as everyone from the other side looked at him.

Hubbard: Your honor, I do not think it is wise for Mr. Davidson to speak." he slicked.

Hubbard: I think it is unprecedented."

Bleu: My client speaking has nothing to do with the defense your honor, he simply would like to say a few words on his own behalf." he redirected.

Drifting his eyes towards Trey, he accepted it as he grabbed his gravel.

Sionis: Let your clients words be quick Mr. Bellard, we've been here all day." he said.

Bleu: Yes your honor." he chuckled.

Winning one over Bleu again, Sionis ordered Hubbard to start as I looked back at Jackson. Standing to his feet, Hubbard walked over to him too began.

Hubbard: Mr. Thornton."

Jackson: Yes sir."

Hubbard: How are you today?"

Jackson: I am alright, not that it matters." he said earning a few snickers.

Hubbard: Indeed it does not." he snickered as well.

Hubbard: I just have a few questions for you if that's alright?"

Jackson: Sure."

Hubbard: Great." he smiled.

Hubbard: Mr. Thornton, how long have you known Trey Davidson?"

Jackson: I never knew him." he corrected.