Hardwick & Montana

Jordan POV

Dialing her number again, I was sent to voicemail off the first ring as I sighed.

Staring at the call log, the amount of times I had called my wife was endless as she had not picked up one phone call from me.

At this point, her point was proven that I had screwed up but that was marriage. In marriages, people screw up and the point is to forgive each other and talk it out.

I knew she was angry with me, I knew she was hurt by my actions but at the end of the day she just didn't understand my reasoning.

I have explained my disdain for Trey Davidson to her many times, but truly there was more to the story that I did not share with her.

If she would just answer my calls, she would know why I chose the route I did..even if a little girl was traumatized by it.

At the end of the day, Mia knew my heart. She knew that deep down, the child was never my interned target.

All this avoiding and ignoring me was unfair and unnecessary and she was giving into what Trey would want for me.

..Turning my phone off, I slumped the back of my head into my seat rest as I closed my eyes with a sigh. Sitting there for a few minutes, a heavy knock on my car door made me sit up and look to see who it was.

Tate: Let's go." he mouthed as I glared at him.

Walking away from the car, he went back over to the house we were raiding as a bunch of police officers were talking amongst themselves while writing things on their notepads.

Sighing deeply, I gathered my things and climbed out of my police car as I closed the door behind me.

The murmurs of my fellow officers spurring around with boxes in their hands were observed by me as they loaded everything into the evidence van.

Slowly looking around, my eyes landed on Tate and Jim who were talking to two other officers who had come from inside of the house.

Watching their exchange, I shook my head as Tate's snake was hidden under his badge.

Loathing that man to the fullest, he was just much as a "coward" as me with a badge.

Everyone was so focused on me that they didn't realize the real coward, the real devil in sheep's clothing.

   How nobody knew or noticed that Tate was working with Trey was beyond me.

      If anything the house we were raiding right now should have been a clear sign that they were working together but it wasn't.

   All of these idiots carried on like they were doing a normal raid under the fine orders of Commissioner Micheal Tate. No one was paying attention to the fact that this was a set up, a lie.

The sound of the house doors opened as he stepped out. With his hands behind his back, he hung his head as two officers walked behind him and helped him down the steps.

Walking slowly over to them, I waited as they reached the bottom of the steps. Noticing me at the end, he slowly looked up at me as defeat covered his face.

His eyes were a sunken black color as his skin was pale like he had been doing nothing but drinking his pain away.

His beard he usually keeps nicely shaven was all stubby and unshaved as he looked at me with light red eyes.

Seeing him so torn down made me shake my head as the two officers waited patiently behind him. Stepping closer to him, I stuffed my hands in my pocket as he waited for me to say it.