19. He's a taken man.

The main song of this chapter is "Past Lives" by Borns.

Amelia

The next few weeks were same, except for a some major changes.

Mr. Rizzo now had a girlfriend, though I already knew that it was inevitable. The rumour of the new hot professor being taken spread like a wildfire through the university.

We haven't exchanged a word since the garden incident and I would prefer it that way.

At least that would stop me from crushing after my teacher, which is unethical I might add.

I was preparing to go out with Coco, Aaron and Aurora, also some unknown guy they were trying to set me up with.

I repeatedly told them not to do it, as I was not looking for someone to date right now. But let's just say they were very much compelling.

I stood in front of my mirror, my eyes going over the numerous scars adoring my body. Not on my hands or legs where everyone could see, no! They were on my stomach, my back, my chest.... basically everything covered by clothes constantly.

Curse words carved on my back using knife, pen, fork... basically everything thing that was sharp. I shuddered at the thought of my old life, the one which I am desperately trying to leave behind....but the scars may fade, and the hurt may lessen, but it's the flashbacks that haunt you throughout your life.

I turned around, looking back into the mirror to look at my back, the words 'Bitch', 'Worthless' and 'burden' were showing in a faded light colour, the scars were old yet the memories remains fresh in my mind.

My ribs weren't any better, they weren't healed at all. They were still a sickly purple and blackish colour, stinging and hurting painfully at any movement.

I took some courage and applied pressure on my ribs, a whimper along with a tear escaped my eyes at how bad it was hurting.

I know I should get help, maybe tell someone. But I am not ready to tell them how I got it without revising the whole story to them....yeah no.

I wiped my eyes and exhaled through my mouth. Fixing my hair in a half up, half down style, I wore the black full sleeves knee length dress which Coco let me borrow.

I wore some simple golden dangling earrings and applied some lip-gloss.

I looked into the mirror, my reflection staring back at me. I took some pride in how I looked cause honestly I didn't look ugly but neither did I look like some runway model.

I had waist length wavy black hair which complemented my tan skin, kinda short waist and slightly wide hips. My eyes were dark brown eyes with long lashes with thick eyebrows.

I wasn't bad to look at....I think so.

With a sigh I slipped into some black sandals and went out the room. Coco was fixing the buttons of Aaron's shirt.

They were matching, with his green shirt and beige pants while Coco was wearing green off shoulder knee length dress, with golden stilettos, her hair pulled in an elegant updo.

Aaron was looking at her with so much love and adoration that when she looked up, a bright smile instantly came onto her face, she stood on her toes and pressed a gentle kidd against his lips.

I smiled at the sight of them, wishing that I could have it. It wasn't envy or jealousy I felt, but rather alone and isolated.

I knew that I had friends, that I shouldn't be feeling alone, but the thought of never being loved and cared by someone kept me awake at night, both metaphorically and literally.

"Ready to go guys?", I said snapping them out of their little moment.

"Oh yeah, let's go- " she paused dramatically after properly looking at me. She looked my up and down, then said "damn...you look hot. If I wasn't straight I would totally bang you", with a wink she pulled my in a hug.

I laughed at her comment, even thought my ribs were strongly repulsed by the moment. Aaron stood behind us with a pout on his face.

"Your boyfriend's looking kinda jealous", I said with a chuckle. Coco turned around and pecked him on the lips, earning a smile in return.

We left the house after locking it and went down the stairs. Aaron called a cab and we chatted among ourselves till it arrived. Aurora would directly meet us there so went into the cab and clicked some photos on the way.

I ventured out the window, looking at the night life of the city, enjoying the slight breeze blowing through the window, making my hair swirl in all direction, a peaceful smile settled upon lips.

The cab parked outside a fancy looking restaurant, I looked over at them, an expression on confusion clear on my face. The restaurant was covered by glass on 3 sides, allowing people to gaze outside while eating, with dimly lit lights falling over each table, giving it a warm glow. The tables had peach coloured table cloth over it, with a bouquet of roses in vases sitting on every table. 

'I literally can't afford this', I thought glumly. If I had known that they were talking me to somewhere THIS fancy, then I would have surely declined. 

"Actually, it's my treat. I got in as an intern in the 'Glow Wide' company", Aaron admitted sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.

"The glow wide company?", my eyes widened when he nodded yes. Wow, that company was huge. It created and sold new and different types of softwares, many government sited uses their product, and not to mention that it is a world wide billion franchise. 

 "Still, it must be too expensive. Can't we just go somewhere else?", the price of even a salad would be too much for me too afford, let alone some actual dinner. 

"Yes it is and No, because it is my treat and we are gonna enjoy it", he shook his head and Coco mimicked the action.

"Yeah, he's right", said Coco with her hands on her hips.

 I let out a sigh, knowing that they wouldn't budge. With a smile, we entered the Diner. 

Let the dinner begin.