26. No one else

The main song of this chapter is "Creepin" by The Weeknd

Nicholas.

Since the past week I have been avoiding her. Plain and simple.

Except it isn't.

Throughout the week, the restaurant incident has been going on in my mind, the way her body fit perfectly against us, the way she unconsciously made the smallest of sounds which were enough to excite my inner beast.

I even took a leave on tuesday, saying I was ill but in reality I needed some time to think before I face Mia or Ezra. 

The inner me which doe not care about her being my student, about her being just 4 years younger than me, or about the brutal consequences for being intimate with your fellow student. 

My common sense and ability to differentiate right from wrong seems to evaporate or gets thrown out of the window when it comes to her. 

After yelling at Freya, I drove towards my penthouse, speeding and not caring about getting a speed ticket. As soon as I reached my house, I dove right into the shower, letting the water to rinse out the dirt and sweat off of me, while simultaneously thinking about earlier.

Then another thought came, the one which should have come a long time ago. 

Ezra was just as close to Mia as I was. 

Not in the terms of emotionally or mentally, but physically. It was both of us in that moment with her trapped between us, rather than me being alone. 

It should have irked me that another man was touching her, grazing her skin that only I was meant to do, saying and holding her so close to him that she was literally pressed up against him.....but it didn't.

I wasn't angry when it was happening nor am I angry now. I am not disgusted by the idea of Mia being shared by us both, the ides which should have made my skin crawl with repulsion made it tingle with excitement.

But that only remained when it was Ezra, if it was any other man I probably would have though about tearing him limb from limb until all that remained of him was his screams echoing in the isolated place. My mind in that moment seemed to grasp only one concept.

It's both or one of us, but no one else. None.

And that thought confused me, it made me rethink about my beliefs and likes. Confusion lead to me not being able to  figure it out on my own, and that finally led to anger.

Anger which was directed towards Mia for awaking these kinds of feelings in my.

Anger at Ezra for making me rethinking my desires and fantasies.

And that led to my spoiled mood, on top of that I had Mia in my class today.

'Well, there goes my plan for ignoring her'

I sighed and went towards my class, thinking about what will happen. Just as I reached there, someone else was already there, just standing and staring at the door, upon closer inspection it looked someone familiar.

Mia.

That one person which I did not want to see just now, even though my eyes and mind craved for her glimpse, the rational side of ir decided to be just professional and get on with it.

"I did not realise that staring at the door is a hobby nowadays ", It took a lot of effort within me not to rack a smile at her flustered expression.

After making her blush and ramble on about the door being mahogany I entered the class and put my stuff on the table.

'You. Have to. Ignore. Her', I mentally scolded myself. 

Throughout the lecture I simply avoided looking towards her, not asking her to answer, just dismissing her, ignoring her raised hand. 

It did not take a genius to know that she was hurt. She had to be.

'No shit sherlock. what do you expect after just blatantly ignoring her?', the infatuated side of me sarcastically replied. 

After some time, the class finally came to an end and I could not be more happy about that. I started to log in the attend4ence on the computer as the sound of student leaving and talking flooded through the class.

I felt someone's gaze on the side of my face, tilting my head upwards I saw that It no one else but Mia. I wanted to look away, I really did.

But the selfish part of me wanted to savor each and every eye contact with her. 

None of us looked away, until something like realization passed through her eyes and she turned her gaze back to the floor.

It all came down in slow motion, her getting caught at the end of the bench, her stumbling down and crashing with the edge of the desk, a painful scream escaping her lips, the sound filled with agony and anguish. 

My mind seemed to cat up on what was happening and I leapt forward to catch her, my heart beating a mile per hour. 

There was no amount to measure how much relief I was feeling at that time. One moment slower and she could have gotten her, seriously hurt. It made me hurt to even think about her being in pain. 

I swept my eyes over her from head to the toe, looking for an area where she could have gotten hurt. I am pretty sure concern was evident on my face.

As I reached her face, she was smiling. Not the big toothy one or a grin, but just a small one, still a smile.

I frowned at that. 

'This girl was about to fall flat on her face and she smiles?', I thought indicuriously to myself.

Her smile dimmed for a moment and then broadened the next.

When the tip of my fingers grazed her butter smooth skin, I knew that I was gone for. Then the realization came that I was still holding her. I immediately took a step back and willed my eyes not to look at her. 

Suddenly she screamed and fell on her knees, clutching her waist as if she was in great pain. I did not know what to di until I had proper medical appliances so I did the only logical thing I could think of, I started dialing the ambulance.

Until her voice stopped me. "D- don't call the a-ambulance"