47. The new Amelia

The main song of this chapter is "Greedy" by Tate McRae.

3rd person POV.

She was numb. 

The moment she saw the text she was numb. Not because she wanted to but because she had to. Cause if she didn't try to suppress her emotions the gate would open up and flood of tears would be released. 

She didn't understand why this all had to happen to her. Why was it her who had to have a stalker. Why was it her who had to have an abusive past. Nothing made sense but at the same time everything was crystal clear.

She was sitting on a chair in a cute cafe, Victor was sitting in front of her, telling her about his dog and how much he likes animals. Amelia smiled fondly at that and gave a few comments here and there. 

Right now all she wanted was to crawl up in her bed and sleep while cuddling her pillows. She had a weird habit of sorts. If she did not have at least 3 pillows on each side of her she would not be able to have a peaceful sleep at night. And she craved nothing more but that right now.

"So my dog's a labrador and her name is Missy. She's just so cute and total cuddle...", she drowned out his words. She could see him moving his lips and speaking but all she could focus on was the text which she received not less than an hour ago.

Animosity and erriness of the text made goosebumps appear on her skin. She had yet to show it to Coco cause she was sure that if she did, Coco would not let her set a foot outside of the house and would keep her in front of her watchful eyes. 

Amelia didn't want that. She didn't want to bail on Victor nor did she want to make Coco unnecessary worry.

"Are you listening Amelia?", Victor said snapping his fingers in front of her face.

"Yeah..-ye-yeah I mean I heard you. Your dog's pretty cute. Can you bring her with you someday?", she asked questions to keep him engaged. 

"Oh for sure..."

After an eventful date which consisted of a walk around the park, feeding the ducks, eating brunch at a cafe and lastly watching some rom-com movie Victor dropped Amelia in front of her house. 

"So...here I am", Amelia said while giving a forceful smile to the blonde guy.

"Here you are....", he rocked back and forth with his hands in the pocket.

She could see where this was going, hoe he was slowly inching closer and they way he slowly licked his lips was enough to show her what he wanted. Just as he was about to touch her waist she took a quick step back and placed her hands on his chest.

"We shouldn't..I am sorry", she tried to sound remorseful but she truly wasn't.

"Shouldn't or you couldn't?", he said as he backed away, a flicker of annoyance ignited in his eyes which was extinguished as soon as it came. 

But she saw it.

"I don't know but I do know that I am not ready for that. Hope you understand", she said as she turned around to enter and close as she saw him giving her a nod.

She didn't want to kiss him. There were numerous reasons for it.

She didn't know him.

He was just a stranger to her.

She still wasn't completely comfortable with him to do this.

The last which was the most important was...

She didn't want him to be her first kiss.

Just as she entered she saw Coco perched on the couch, sprawled with a tub of ice- cream in her lap. Questions of how her date was were fired at her as she sat beside her. She gave a tired laugh and reminisced all the events of today to her bestfriend.