Episode 2

" I don't think any of us going to that dance tonight is a good idea," DuBuis said as he drink his second cup of coffee at the breakfast table. " It seems a little.... wrong with all that is going on in the family. Richard.... Rebecca. And ......" His eyes went to Spencer who was strangely quiet this morning. Actually, his husband thought, he had been quiet ever since the day Richard had lost Rebecca and he had learned the truth about his own paternity. Of course Spencer refused to believe Doris and neither did DuBuis to be honest. DuBuis liked and respected Andrew and considered him to be a father figure of sorts with no disrespect intended to his own dead father. Neither wanted to lose Andrew in their lives. 

Luci was not happy to hear that news. Not after she and Ami Woo had found her the perfect dress and heels at the mall. Even if she couldn't actually date date Alan and be boo'ed up till she was sixteen they had agreed between them that they would dance together as much as possible tonight. And Sol mysteriously said he was going too and had a big surprise for her. Which kinda irritated her actually since he had acted like he was not interested in dances so she ended up with Alan. Not that there was anything wrong with Alan. Truthfully she was kinda sorta liking him more and more. They were talking and texting even more than her and Sol did lately. Although she did miss Sol. " Noooo ! I think it's sad about Rebecca and all but that doesn't mean we can't have fun too ! ," she said with a slightly whiny undercurrent to her voice. " I mean it might be good for us to get out and enjoy ourselves. As long as you two don't embarrass me and Theodore. "

Theodore pursed his lips. " I wouldn't mind staying home. It's not like anyone will dance with me. " Then he thought of Alan and his sweet smile. Yeah. Nobody would dance with him.

Luci rolled her eyes at him. " Staying home is the last thing you need to do, Theo - Dore. You need to start making friends. I mean everyone is not a rude jerk at Bougie..... I mean Barrington Academy. Some are nice. "

" Maybe," Theodore mumbled as he still saw Alan in his mind.

DuBuis looked at both of them. " Rude jerks ? Are you two having issues with anyone at school? Speak or forever hold your peace. "

Luci and Theodore cut eyes at each other and promptly mumbled " No ". DuBuis regarded them both with growing concerns and was about to push for more information when Spencer suddenly spoke in a tired voice. " I think Luci is right. Going to the school dance could be a welcome change. Help take our minds off everything. It's why Glory and I are still doing the Sunday dinner this week. I'm hoping Nigel can convince Richard to come. He needs to be around all his family. "

DuBuis looked at his pensive husband and leaned over to kiss him on the forehead softly.

" I feel sorry for Richard," Spencer said. " But even more Rebecca. It's not right to be told your father is not your father. In fact it's very wrong. "