Episode 95

Since it was her second day off from the restaurant Glory decided to sleep in that morning. What woke her up was the sound of a deep baritone voice singing from within the bedroom of their two bedroom rental house.

" I went through all the days of my life drifting. Drifting and lost among the cloudy memories of my past. Then there came you. "

Her eyes opened and she saw her husband sitting on his side of the bed, strumming on his old guitar, singing that song he had written for her and sang on their first anniversary.

" You healed my heart. You blessed my soul.  You taught me to love again. Then there came you. "

A tear slid from her eye down her lined cheek.

" Always you. Then there came you. Always you. "

She sat up and smiled at Andrew even as she began to cry.  " Always you," she sang ," then there came you. Always you. "

Andrew stopped singing and leaned forward to carass her face with his own. " I love you. Matilda is just a friend and a musical playmate. You are my wife. My best friend. My lover. My soulmate. She may flirt with me but I will only flirt with you, pretty lady. "

Glory felt like a jealous old fool. But as her lips met her husband's beloved ones for a long lingering gentle kiss she also felt like the luckiest woman in Maryland. It was starting to feel like Christmas to her.

As they broke for air his eyes twinkled at her and he said," So Spencer, my son, wants to know if you will stop throwing pots at the restaurant? "

Glory laughed. " We'll see. "

Then her phone beeped with a notification of an incoming text message. She glanced at and her joy increased.

Alfred Giadello : Momma , I'm currently downstairs in a Uber. Can you or Andrew come open your door?

" Alfred is downstairs! ," she exclaimed as she leapt up and reached for her bathrobe to slip it on. " He's in a Uber ! Heaven knows how much that cost ! But his father left him a very good trust fund so he can afford it. My son , the adventure seeker! I can't wait till your children meet him ! "

Andrew smiled widely. " Me too. I think he and Spencer will get along great. I didn't think he was coming this early for Christmas. Not that I'm complaining. I missed that boy. "