Episode 125

" Theo , we're going to be late for dress rehearsal for the assembly," Alan laughed as Theodore pulled him into a back stairwell at the school.

Theodore laughed. For some reason he felt oddly carefree today. Almost like when he was taking the pills but he had not had any of them in a while. Maybe it was Alan Kendall. Maybe he was addicted to Alan Kendall. If he was he was not giving up this particular addiction. Because he thought he was falling in love for the first time ever. Not a crush. Actual love. " We have time. I want to give you something first. "

Alan's brown eyes twinkled at him. " What? Early Christmas present? "

" Maybe. " Theodore moved closer to him and claimed his lips in a firm quick kiss. Alan's lips tasted so good to him. He hated when he had to pull back again.

Alan sighed softly. " I think I love you. "

Theodore swallowed hard. He was pondering whether to return the feeling he knew he already had for this boy when out of the corner of his blue eyes he saw something tucked away in a far corner of the stairwell. It was small and looked like it had a lot of wires attached to it. What the...... He stepped closer to it with Alan behind him and then stopped in place suddenly as he saw what it was. As they both saw what it was.

It looked like a bomb.......

Alan gasped ," Oh my gosh. Theo..... Is that..... Oh ..... I'm getting Dr. HighTower now. "

Theodore looked at Alan. He looked at the bomb which he could hear ticking rapidly. He could feel his heart beating too rapidly inside his chest. He pushed back his glasses on his face. A bomb. In school. His family was there. Alan ...... All of a sudden he just reacted without any more thought.

He snatched up the device, praying it wouldn't go off before he could get it out of the building.

" Theodore ! What are you doing ! ," Alan yelled at him in panic. " Put it down! "

He didn't listen. He just took off running. He ran with the device out of the stairwell and through the hallway past the other students and staff gawking at him. Past his Uncle DuBuis who called out to him. Past Luci and Sol. Past Alan who was calling out to him sounding anguished.

" It's a bomb ! ," Theodore screamed as he gingerly held the device and ran for the front door. " Get out of the way! It's a bomb ! "

He heard numerous screams from behind him but he ignored it all as he kept running and kept praying. He had to get it away from the school. From his family. From Alan.

He finally made it outside. He could hear it ticking still. He kept running and hoped he would not trip and fall. Don't screw up , he told himself, don't screw up !

When he was far enough away from the school he tossed the bomb in the air away from himself, away from the school, away from his family, away from Alan.

Then it exploded. And all of a sudden he felt himself flying backwards almost like he was a graceful bird in mid air. In his mind he saw Alan's smiling face.

He flew backwards and then he heard nothing. He felt nothing. Except for a cold dark emptiness.

                    -----------

Hell of a Friday the 13th right? Stay tuned for the next installment in Season Ten of Odds of Love. Hope you are enjoying the soap.