Episode 6

* For those who know the makeup of the Washington DC metro area the Germantown in my serial is fictional and in PG County. It is not the real one in Montgomery County. Enjoy. *

                ----------

The children had already left for school and DuBuis was about to depart as well for the school himself when his phone started buzzing a special alert. He looked down at his phone and was amazed at what he saw.

A statewide Amber Alert.

He heard his husband coming down the hallway from their bedroom and turned to see him holding his own phone.

With a tremble to his voice, Spencer said," Rebecca is missing. "

                  --------

Glory cast a worried eye at her husband who had been too quiet since all of this terrible stuff had happened.

Rebecca.

Spencer.

She kissed him on his forehead and sat beside him on their sofa. She reached out for the remote control on the coffee table and switched on the television to her favorite talk show Rebel. She adored that young man. He could sing. He could write. His talk show was hilarious. And he was about to start filming his first movie based on his memoir Rebel and Ricky Joe. She found him to be an inspiration and thought that Andrew needed a little of that positive fun right now.

But what they saw on the screen was not Rebel at all but a breaking news story about a missing child.

Both their mouths fell open wordlessly as they realized that the child was their granddaughter.

Rebecca was missing.

                 ---------

Richard and Nigel both rushed to the front door in response to the intense pounding upon it. They looked at each other before Richard opened the door to find a pissed off Winston Arnett outside on the porch with a couple of uniformed PG County deputy sheriffs.

" Where is my daughter, Norland? ," Winston demanded as he strode into the hallway and stood directly in front of a stunned Richard. " Who took her? You ? " Then he pointed at an equally startled Nigel. " Or him ? "