Episode 54

As the remaining members of the dinner were gathered in the living room laughing and talking merrily as Andrew played the piano enthusiastically to a velvet voiced Matilda's own particularly retooled version of show tunes like Summertime. Glory crossed her legs and her arms across her chest and huffed as her eyes watched the seductive glances the woman in her pure silk dress and too high heels kept tossing Andrew's way. Glances that he was not recoiling from in the prompt manner she believed he should be.

As Matilda sang and Andrew played and the young people giggled over " old people" Angel swung a more relaxed and laughing Lyle around the room in his own rendition of an old school jitterbug which prompted a Richard led debate on how someone in their thirties even knew what a jitterbug was.

" Mum's good," Nigel whispered to Richard as they sat close on the sofa, holding hands and enjoying the show. " I wonder if I could entice her to sing at the restaurant sometime. "

Richard cut his eyes at his husband but ignored that particular school of thought.

In the bedroom down the hall Spencer sat in his chair by the large picture window but wasn't looking out of it. DuBuis stood by the bed , looking at the back of Spencer's head. " I'm sorry," he said. "  I told her that so long ago. I don't feel like that anymore. I don't blame you. "

Spencer shook his head. " I don't want to discuss it. Besides the point isn't if you still blame me. It's that you blamed me then. "

" I love you, Spencer. ".

Spencer smiled sadly. " Do you? "