Episode 98

New York City

" I'm signing off on the house very shortly, sweetheart," Jonah Simms droned on in a one note monotone voice that made her feel so drowsy at times whenever he talked. " Tomorrow or day after tomorrow. I have to admit. The trustee fellow plays hard ball. Every low ball offer I tossed the real estate agent he rejected. I don't know who Spencer Norland - Lane is but he is a hard ass when it comes to money. If you hadn't wanted it that much I would have backed out. But you are right. The baby needs a decent house in a nice family area. And that place is well taken care of from the pictures. The old houses were made sturdy I tell you. " He glanced across the table in their hotel room at his new wife LuLu Klein Simms who looked completely adorable to him in her newly styled chestnut brown with blonde highlights bob haircut and light pink dress.  He couldn't believe his good luck to have found her. She was pretty , sweet, funny and so very kind. Why she had even asked him for ten thousand dollars to help out a good friend of hers, Beth , with cancer back in DC. Sure it was a lot of money but he could afford it and the poor woman needed it for medical treatment. Only a complete ass would have said no. He couldn't say no to her. If she wanted this house and custody of her son then so be it.

" That sounds wonderful, darling" Lulu said demurely as she took a dainty sip of her herbal tea. " I can't wait to be moved in. Hopefully by Christmas? "

Jonah smiled at her. " I think that can be arranged. Now why don't you and the baby go rest while I take care of some emails and whatnot. A gag gift salesman never rests you know. " He laughed hoarsely and appreciated that she laughed as well. " By the way did I show you the latest gag ? It's a thermos for servers that say " We Live To Serve ". Funny, heh ? "

" It's hilarious, darling," Lulu said with an adoring smile as inside her head she yawned.