Episode 3

His cell phone was ringing and ringing shrilly that morning as Lyle Peters overslept. Oversleeping was a rarity for him. Then again so was waking up next to a gorgeous artistic and charming man like Angel Anderson who also woke up with a slight cuss in Lyle's bed and glanced at the annoying ringing phone.

Lyle blinked his bleary brown eyes open and yawned wide  as he reached out for the phone. It was a private number, he noticed before answering it curiously.

A mechanical sounding voice commanding him from the other end of the phone," Little teacher man , I hear you are going to talk to the pigs about Sidnei Chou. If you know anything, saw anything, that happened at school remember to keep your mouth shut tight. "

Those words woke him up. They felt ominous and eerie with the same taunting quality of his old bullies back at Project W when he was growing up. The bullies that had made his life a living hell. If it hadn't been for DuBuis Lane he never would have survived it all.

" What ? ," he asked faintly as he sat up in bed as Angel in the nude padded to the bathroom for his first morning piss only to hear the fear in Lyle's voice and turn back to him. " Who or what is this? Is this a joke? "

" The only joke is you ," the voice continued. " Keep your mouth shut when the pigs ask their questions. Or we'll shut it for you. Remember you don't know anything, Mr. Observant Teacher Of The Year. "

As the person hung the phone fell from Lyle's trembling fingers until it fell to the bed. He swallowed hard and pulled the sheets and blanket closer around his short slender body which suddenly felt cold in his Dr. Who boxer shorts.

Angel narrowed his eyes at his lover. " Who the hell was on that phone, Lyle , and why do you look like something just walked over your grave? "

" I.... I think I just got threatened," Lyle whispered in disbelief. He couldn't believe anyone would make threats against himself. He was not the type of person that got threatened. Or even noticed really. How did they know his phone number? Who was it ? And how did they know he was talking to the police that day about the poor dead child? The only people who knew were the other teachers he had told in the teacher's lounge. Most had tried to convince him to stay out of it especially if he really didn't know anything. Especially Penelope.

( " Gerald doesn't want any of us talking to them," she had said with an odd  warning element to her usually mocking when talking to him voice. " You don't want to disobey him, Peters. Gerald looks like Santa Claus without the beard but he doesn't take people not following his rules well or lightly. " )