Episode 29

" Do you think she took it on purpose? ," Spencer asked his husband as DuBuis was fixing ham and cheese sandwiches on rye bread  for lunch in the kitchen. Spencer was in his chair reading a new library book on his phone called Drugs and Teens : A Modern Epidemic. He was also making detailed notes on a notepad that was placed onto the kitchen table. " If she did it might be best if we seek counseling for her. That's what this book says.  She's been experiencing a lot of stress since she came here to live with us. And even before that. And there's stress with being transgender as well. Especially being a transgender child. Do you think counseling could benefit her? "

DuBuis turned to his husband and wiped his hands on the apron he wore. " I'm not sure she did take it. Not really. I mean she could have but it's so out of character for her. "

Spencer chewed on his lip. " It is. It's actually highly unlikely for her to do drugs. Now that I think about it. I'm not saying he is or would but I can see Theodore turning to drugs more. I think we should talk to both of them about drugs. I'll start researching some basic talking points for the discussion. "

DuBuis agreed although he could see this simple talk easily turning into one of Spencer's hour long academic classroom lectures. " That's a good idea. In fact bookmark some of the links you find. Because I am going to get Gerald Hightower to agree to an anti drug program at the school. It's time that man realized the school is not secluded on an island. This is 2024 and no place is exempt from anything anymore. "

Then he approached the table with their food. " I don't think anywhere was ever exempt. "