Episode 70

Penelope smiled kindly at her husband Gerald as he was laying on the bed in his bedroom. His face was drenched in sweat and he was clutching his belly fiercely.

" Oh , my darling," she said smoothly as she approached the bed , a cup of tea in her hands. " I'm so sorry you don't feel well. It's so many pesky germs out there. Here. Drink this. It'll make you feel so much better. "

He sat up with his bleary looking eyes trying to focus on her. She looked like such an angel to him. He did love her so much, he thought as he reached for the cup and took a tentative sip of the still hot liquid that burned as it flew down his throat. Hot or not, maybe it would help this terrible illness that had all of a sudden crept upon him. He hoped it didn't affect his going to work tomorrow morning. He had never in his fifty years ever missed a day of work.

" Thank you, Penelope, darling. You take such good care of me. "

Although, he thought as he proceeded to drink the rest of the tea , it seemed like she was taking better care of him lately. It was almost like she was a whole new woman.

Penelope kissed him atop his balding greyish brown head. "  I always will. " Her eyes lifted up and stared at their reflection in his full length mirror on the bedroom wall. She smiled at Pamela's image. " Till death do us part , dear. "