Episode 99

" How dare you tell people, the police, that I tried to kill you? ," Gerald heard his wife say in a very unattractive shrill voice over the phone that he held as he juggled the discharge paperwork for signing out AMA he held along with a bag containing the night attire he had been in when arriving at the hospital. His nephew David had thankfully delivered clean clothes for him to change into, and he had even agreed to stay at the house while the police searched it. He was immature but a good boy. He was glad he could help the young man out with this substitute job at the school.  Even though it meant Dave would be working at the same place as Lyle Peters. Gerald actually did like Lyle and thought he had been good for his nephew during their brief time together. Not that he was matchmaking. Rumor had it around the school that the teacher was involved with the rather snarky school nurse anyway. Beside what did he know about relationships ? One of his few long term relationships had been with Penelope. And they all knew how that had worked out. He should not be surprised. He never understood why she wanted a man like him. She was ten years younger than him at forty. She was beautiful. She could have any man. Or woman for that matter. And had really. He knew about her past dalliances even though she thought he was oblivious and stupid about it. He overlooked it because.... Well he knew his limits as a man and a potential partner in love. Who wanted him with his boring ways, pudgy body and balding head ? Not many.

But he was not going to sit around and wait for her to finish killing him. And even though he wanted not to believe it...... There was no other explanation for his mysterious illness.

" Are you listening to me , Gerald ? "

Gerald responded bluntly," I am. Are you listening to me ? I want you moved out of my home. Today. I want you out of my school. I shall find a proper substitute for the students. It's unfortunate it has happened so close to exams. But what can we do? I'm sorry it ended like this. I do love you. "

" Well I don't love you. I don't see how she ever loved the likes of you. " Then she hung up abruptly.

His brow furrowed in confusion. What did she mean by " she " ?