Episode 27

( Texts )

Nigel: I used to be poor you know.

Richard: I know. I hate what you had to live through. I hate what you had to do to survive back then. Are you still at the restaurant? Rebecca is still stable the doctor says but she's still not waking up. I need to get out of here for a little bit. It's still early and a nice day. What if I pick up something from Whole Foods and we have a picnic in a park? We are still technically newlyweds you know.

Nigel: Oh I know lol. That sounds nice. That breakfast didn't settle well in my stomach. Something light would be nice. And even though it's early maybe champagne to celebrate Rebecca being safe sound and back where she belongs. I want to run something by you.

Richard: The champagne will be for tonight when Lewis goes to sleep. Champagne, strawberries, whipped cream and you. The perfect night really. What is it you want to ask me?

Nigel: I want to give back to poor people. I know it's trite but I survived poverty. I have such a good life with you and your family and your children and my family. I feel like I don't deserve it. I feel like others deserve it more than me. I just want to help. I'm thinking that on Sundays the restaurant should be closed to paying customers and open only as a soup kitchen. Where anyone can eat that needs a meal. No questions asked. What do you think?

Richard: I think it's highly unprofitable. But it's also incredibly generous and so very you. And you do deserve a good life, darling, because you are a good man. I love you. Let's do this soup kitchen idea. In fact I will earmark more funds just for this particular venture. And I'm pretty sure we can get suitable volunteers for it right in my , our  family. My father and stepmother. Spencer and his family. I'll even roll up my sleeves lol and wash dishes.

Nigel: You're a pretty good man yourself, Richard Norland. I love you. Grab some more lube when you're out. We're running low.

                    -----------

Skip Sands pulled the old tattered newspaper from the trashcan in the park and peered at it through the probably coffee stains on it. He read some story about a wheelchair guy that got killed in a home invasion at his own house. His eyes narrowed as he noticed that the guy kinda looked like Spencer Norland. Small and delicate looking with blond hair and blue eyes behind glasses.

He laughed meanly. It would be so ironic and hilarious if this was a serial killer and the next target was his worst nightmare.

Yeah. His eyes glinted coldly. Ironic.

                  ---------

Faith checked her voicemail and wished she had not.

On one recorded message she heard with a thud in her stomach the voice of Pamela saying," You killed me. You killed me. And you will pay. "