Episode 69

( Texts )

Theodore: I won't take them anymore.

Alan: Good.

Theodore: They say you left school early. You were sick. Are you ok ?

Alan : Yeah. I'm fine. Just had a belly ache. Figure I can rest just as well at home than in the clinic. I'm feeling better. So when are we going out?

Theodore: You still want to?

Alan: Of course I do. Unless you don't. But you can't back out lol. It's part of the deal. What about Friday? Movies? There's a monster horror movie I want to see. Fernly High Horrors. Looks cheesy but fun.

Theodore: Sure. Sounds good. I promise not to embarrass you.

Alan : That won't happen. Just be yourself.

Theodore: You are the only person I know who wants me to just be myself. That's bizarre in a way.

Alan : No , it's not. If you start trusting people around you, the right people, you might find that we like the real you. If that makes sense.

Theodore: It does but it's hard to trust.

Alan: I know but you can trust me. Just don't break your promise. Don't go back to pills.

Theodore: I won't. I swear.

                 -----------

Theodore stood in the upstairs bathroom of his family's house and while holding his phone tightly his other hand dropped the last two pills into the toilet bowl. Then he flushed away his precious happy pills.

He hoped he made the right choice.

Looking at the smiling picture of Alan on his phone he thought that he may have.

              ----------

Alan was hurting still but even with the ache in his stomach from Kyle's fist he was still smiling as he placed his phone on the sink in the bathroom and proceeded to sink into a nice leisurely bubble bath.

Theodore was not taking pills anymore.

He didn't think that kissing him was a mistake.

And they had a date. For Friday.

The only bad thing was that Kyle was going to get away with selling drugs at the school. He wished that he had the courage to tell someone. Anyone. But he didn't. Maybe Kyle was right. He was just a pussy.