Episode 4

LuLu Klein was starting to have misgivings about Winston Arnett. Especially when she found out that he had a kid who was now living with him at his very nice and very large house in Germantown. Sure she had kids herself but it wasn't like she actually raised them. Gertrude did that but with how Jimmy had turned out maybe he would have been better off with her instead. And sure she was knocked up with Bullet's baby but that was hers. She wasn't at all enthusiastic about taking care of no other bitch kid. Especially a smart mouthed one like that Rebecca Norland who she was startled to find out had been the stepdaughter of her new boss until they found out her real daddy wasn't Nigel Norland's rich hubby but Winston's.

Of course Winston was too good of a catch for her to pass up. She was hoping to dangle enough bait in front of the man and then reel him in before the baby was born. He looked dumb enough to believe the baby was his. Hopefully the kid didn't come out dark as Bullet though. Oh well she would just lie and say she had Black roots. A Jamaican granny or something. Who would know?

That was why she had used her wits and a credit card to let herself in his house that morning. So she could surprise him with a homemade breakfast in bed. She smiled as she stood at the stove with all the burners turned on as she cooked bacon and eggs with melted cheese and turkey sausage patties. One thing she could do was cook. Always could. She kinda liked it too. It was relaxing in a way. Maybe she should have applied as a cook at the restaurant instead of a server. She heard they got way more money.  If he had been straight she would give Nigel a bj for a quick promotion to the kitchen.

She laughed wryly just as Winston in his dark blue terrycloth bathrobe entered the kitchen. He looked exhausted and fairly worried about something. And also perplexed over her being in his kitchen.

" What the hell are you doing in my house? How did you get in ," he demanded.

She winked at him saucily. " Oh , handsome, I have my ways. " She swung her hips seductively as she walked over to him and planted a passionate kiss on his mouth. God. He was a damn good kisser yet sometimes it didn't feel like he was completely into it. Like he was just playing an old familiar game. " I wanted to surprise you with a homemade breakfast. You and the kid. I mean your daughter, babe. "

Winston pulled back with a frown marring his handsome face. " I guess that's alright. Wonder what is keeping Rebecca. Her tutor will be here shortly. "

LuLu raised her eyebrow at him. " Tutor ? How bougie. "

Winston actually smiled at that one. When he smiled she thought he looked so much younger and sweeter. " Probably. It's not my idea. My father doesn't want her at Barrington anymore since Norland is on the board.  So he hired a tutor to come home school her. She's driving me crazy. She cried and screamed all night long. She has the lungs of an opera singer."

LuLu laughed as she returned to check on the food. " She'll get over it. I'm sure you will make a wonderful daddy. " Her hand instinctively went to her own still flat belly to touch it. She wondered how fast she could lure this fool into bed so she could spring the pregnancy test on him.

Winston yawned. " I guess I should wake her up. While I'm doing that make some coffee why don't you? "