Episode 62

" Mistake? ," Sol asked as he took out the notes for his dreaded pre algebra exam. Alan was starting to be more interesting than studying was though. " What you mean mistake? He spilled on you after he tripped over his feet or something? He does that a lot. You got to be careful round him. He spilled my milkshake all over Luci and her new dress once when he accidentally bumped me. Whoo , that was a lotta yelling. "

Alan sighed as though the weight of the universe had just fallen on his bougie rich white boy head. " Will you just leave it alone? And most of those notes you have are wrong ,  you know. I can help you if you really want. "

Sol looked down at the notes with growing dismay and then shoved them at Alan. " What part is wrong? "

Alan pointed at one equation. " This one. " Then he pointed at another one hastily scribbled. " And that one. "

Sol snatched it back. " Who asked you? "

Alan smiled slightly. Then they were both silent for several minutes as they studied until Alan lifted his head to look once more at Sol. Finally he sniffed and whispered," Have you ever really liked someone who you never noticed before until they did something to make you notice them. Only after you notice them they go...... They just act like it was all just a...... mistake. Mistake. Not the first time I've been called that. "

Sol was quiet as he was trying to rework the mistakes in his own notes. Then without looking at the other boy he said," Look,  if you like Theodore maybe you should be telling him all this. Not me. I mean he seems to like you. He just has a hard time showing it. Because of his stupid parents especially his mom. They messed him up bad , man. " He looked up and directly at Alan who looked conflicted but seemed to be listening. " He's not that bad though. He's kinda funny. But lately I don't know..... He's kinda upset you been avoiding him but.... I don't know. I think he's hiding something too. "

Alan swallowed hard. " Yeah. I may have been staying away from him but I still notice some stuff. He's doing something that worries me. I'm afraid he'll get hurt. Or worse. "