Episode 90

Wednesday December 11 , 2024

" I hate that restaurant," Joe Jacobs grumbled as he sat at his kitchen table and drank the spinach/ avocado/ carrot  smoothie he had just made. " That stupid pub. I don't understand how a tax lawyer with no real imagination and a freak of pure nature can actually run a successful restaurant. It's ridiculous! "

Winston Arnett bit his lip as he stood behind his occasional lover and roommate and employer , rubbing his tense shoulders in an almost loving way. " I do too. Richard Norland destroyed my life. He stole my career. My job. My respect in the legal field. I got disbarred. My father won't talk to me. He actually told me he wishes I was Spencer Norland - Lane. The damn son he didn't even know he had from cheating on my mother. Norland got his kid back. Why couldn't he just have left it alone? "

Joe shook his shaggy blond curly hair. " Because he's an asshole. An asshole whose little hubby's pet project is going to bankrupt me if I can't make Cafe J profitable again. "

Winston stepped back and reached for the yellow and blue apron on the hook to slip it on. " They have music. Why don't we get music ? A singer that is younger and sexier than Nigel Norland's mommy dearest. That might attract more customers.  Although I can't believe they're stealing customers the way they are. We sell vegan food. They do pub food. Two entirely different things really. "

Joe snapped," That's the best you can come up with? Singers? And most of our customers weren't real vegans anyway. Just wannabes. I have a better idea. "

Winston was busy pulling out ingredients for breakfast. He enjoyed feeding the man. He loved being with him. And that scared him really because it was a part of himself that he had been hiding from all his life. He was not ready to come out yet though. Maybe not ever. But especially not for this man who wasn't ready to commit to any one man. Even when Joe came to his room at night to fuck him he reminded himself of that. Joe Jacobs was like a drug to him. A dangerous and destructive drug. " What's your idea ? ," he asked.

Joe smiled devilishly. " I'm going to completely transform the cafe. I'm going to turn it from a vegan restaurant into a nightclub. Less food. More drinks. Excellent music. Better music than two old people singing and playing the piano. Goodbye, Cafe J. Hello, Club J. "

Winston swallowed hard. " I don't know anything about managing a nightclub. Will I still have a job? "

Would he still be needed by Joe ? Except as an occasional fuck ?

Joe looked at him with blue eyes of amusement but also fondness. " Of course. I mean you didn't know shit about managing a restaurant and I hired you. Besides I need you. "

Winston laughed bitterly. " For what reason? "

Joe didn't answer. He just finished his smoothie.