[chapter fifty-five: "something more"]

Chapter 55: "Something More"
Third Person POV

- - -

When the Diamond Mine disbanded, it was only natural that Scott and Kevin would struggle to find their footing in WCW. After all, the characters of The Diamond Studd and Vinnie Vegas wouldn't work on their own; Diamond Dallas Page was the glue that held them together.

Of course, Jolene wasn't necessarily in the best position either. The only break that she had made in her career was being a Diamond Doll, and since that was drawing to end, she wasn't too certain of what the future held for her. Wrestling wasn't necessarily something that Jolene could do, but she hadn't been hired for that, anyway. Jolene was a valet and nothing more. If she couldn't work in The Diamond Mine or with Diamond Dallas Page, she'd either have to find someone else to valet, or she could perhaps try her hand at managing. Or, she could even try to find another position in the company.

By March of 1992, Scott had been able to make a deal with Vincent McMahon's World Wrestling Federation. Although Scott adored both Jolene and Kevin, he would have been foolish to pass up the opportunity that had presented itself and he knew that.

The night that Scott decided to break the news, he brought his two dear friends into his hotel room. Kevin had known by the look on Scott's face that something was up, but Jolene hadn't had the slightest idea what was up.

"... So yeah, I'll be leaving for the WWF in a couple of weeks. I've already got everything worked out, and, uh, it's going to be pretty nice. My new gimmick is damn sweet and I'm excited for it, honestly. I just, uh, wanted to let you guys know."

Scott's words cut Jolene like a knife, but she couldn't say that she was the least bit upset at him. In their business, people came and went from promotions, and with WCW and the WWF being the two most dominate ones, it was only natural that someone as talented as Scott would want to go to the best possible place for him. Nevertheless, it still pained Jolene to know that she, Scott, and Kevin wouldn't be spending most of their time together anymore.

It was fair to say that, at least to some degree, Jolene had become a bit dependent on both Scott and Kevin. She knew in her heart that she would never lose contact with Scott, though, no matter where the two of them worked. After all, over the few months that they had known one another, Jolene and Scott had grown ridiculously close and spent a large amount of time together.

At the end of the day, there was nothing that could tear them apart, especially not distance.

"You've got to do whatever is best for you, man. I mean, we'll fuckin' miss you, but you can't stay around here for us. That's not fair to you." Kevin, who had been sitting beside of Jolene on the hotel bed, stood up and walked over to Scott. Kevin gave Scott a light-hearted slap on the back and a proud smile. "Go out there and kick all of their asses, all right? Go be the huge fuckin' star we know you can be."

"Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I really do." Scott sent his most treasured friend a genuine smile before walking over to Jolene and standing in front of her, his arms stretched out. "I know you're upset, Joli, but I hope you understand. Bring it in."

Jolene, with a pained (yet playful) smirk on her lips, lightly tapped Scott's chest. "Why would I miss your goofy ass? I'm glad you're leaving!"

Scott and Jolene stared at one another for a moment and it was obvious that Jolene had only been joking. Scott knew that Jolene didn't want him to leave, but he also knew that she understood his reasoning. There wasn't anything left in WCW for him to do at that time.