[chapter eighty-two: "our crazy family"]

Chapter 82: "Our Crazy Family"
Kevin Nash's POV

- - -

When it comes to wedding planning, there's a lot that has to be done. It's take a lot of time to completely figure out all of the details for your big day, and the sooner you can start working on it, the better.

I watch as Joli scribbles down all sorts of different categories on the notebook that she's got on her lap. We're laying in her bed and we're working on getting everything sorted out.

"All right," Joli mutters as she writes down the last category, "Where do you want to have this?"

"Fuck, I don't know." I mutter thoughtfully as I start racking my brain. "Do you have anywhere in mind?"

Joli let's out a hum as she taps her pen on the top of her paper. She's trying to come up with the perfect place as well.

"Do you want to do it in Michigan?" Joli asks me with a raised brow. "Or would you rather do it here in Virginia?"

"Have you got a specific place around here that you'd like to use?" Joli shakes her head. I think for a moment longer, before an image of the beautiful beaches down in Florida comes to mind. "How about we do it in Florida? There are all sorts of nice ass beaches down there, and we could rent one of those for the day."

"That'd be nice!" Joli grins. "We can do it in the summer, and it'll be hot as fuck, but that's okay."

"We could have a night wedding." I suggest. "It'd still look really damn nice that way, and it wouldn't be as hot."

"Yes!" Joli exclaims happily. Goddamn, she's so adorable. "We'll do that. I like it."

All right, I guess that takes care of part of that for now.

"We've got a couple of shows down in Florida in a couple of weeks, so we'll go look around and the beaches when we're down there. We can pick the perfect one out then." I tell Joli as I sit up in bed. I wrap my arm around her shoulders and she cuddles in closer to my side.

"Sounds great to me." Joli nods, making proper notes on her paper. I'm glad she's keeping up with all of this shit for us, because God knows I'd do a horrible job with it. "Let's see..." She scans her categories. "Flower girl?"

My initial reaction is to say we don't need one, but right as I open my mouth to talk, a certain little girl flashes into my mind. "What about Paula's daughter?"

"Oh, shit!" Joli beams. "Yes! Janice would be perfect." I watch as she scribbles Janice's name down on the paper. "You think she'd be up for it?"

"Considering how big of a mark her mother is, I'm sure she'll fuckin' jump at the opportunity." I have to laugh. Paula's a sweet girl, but I have to give her a hard time.

"You're probably right about that." Joli snickers. "Janice it is."

"All right, speaking of Paula, who do you want for your side of things?" I think that was the perfect transition. I can see the gears working in Joli's mind as she thinks.

"Kimmy's definitely my maid of honor, and Paula's got to be a bridesmaid." I didn't expect anything different. "As for the rest of the bridesmaid, I don't really know. That's something I'm really going to have to think about."

"That's understandable. Just choose whoever you want to, babe." I kiss the side of her head.

"I do know one other person I want in there, and I have a certain role for him. I just need to see if it's something he'd be up for doing." Joli flicks the top of the pen a couple of times as she looks up at me.