[chapter fifty: "unexplainable"]

Chapter 50: "Unexplainable"
Kevin Nash's POV

- - -

"All right, brother. I'll talk to you later, okay? Hang in there. You know this is all for the better in the long run." My heart breaks a little as I talk to Kid, but I'm trying to look at the bright side.

"Kev?" I wish I could pat his back and let him know it's all going to be okay, but that's impossible to do over the phone.

"Yeah, man?"

"Let Scott know it's not his fault." Kid sighs. "Please? And tell Joli I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for all of the fucking shit I've put her through. I'm so sorry."

"I'll tell them. Go ahead and get your help, Sean. I love you, brother."

"I love you too, man. I'll talk to you later."

As I hang my phone up, I let out a huge fuckin' grunt. Goddammit, I hope this all turns out for the better in the end.

"Joli, baby?" I clear my throat as I walk into my living room from the kitchen. "That was Kid."

It takes a few minutes for Joli to show, but that's okay. I take a seat on the couch and wait for her. It sounds like she's talking to someone, but I can't make out any of the conversation. I guess she's made a phone call as soon as she heard I was off the phone.

My girl eventually comes out of my bedroom with a somber look on her pretty little face. She's still wearing her pajamas, but so am I. It's too cold to bother getting out of the house; really, there's too much snow.

"You said you talked to Kid?" I nod. "I just called Scott up, as soon as you got off the phone." Joli looks like she's speechless. "He's, uh... he's suspended for a couple of months, Kev. He didn't really want to get into it, but apparently that's the plan. He said that Eric thinks it's for the best, and the wolfpac will start the night he returns. I'm just, uh..."

Joli walks over to the couch beside of me and just flops down. She looks absolutely heartbroken, and I know that the news from Kid isn't going to help her at all.

I mean, fuck, I feel like shit. I can only hope that Scott's going to get some actual help when he's out, as opposed to just sitting at his house and making himself worse off. Please, Scott, just get some help. Please, brother.

"I wish he'd talked to me more about it." Joli speaks back up. "He just kind of rushed it all out in a couple of minutes and I didn't get a chance to say much to him. I hope he'll be okay."

I wrap an arm around Joli and pull her in closer to my side. She wraps both of her slender little arms around my waist and places her cheek against my stomach.

"Scott's tough, for all his problems. But, he's also stubborn." I sigh as I lean my head back on the couch. I stare up at the ceiling as I talk. "On the bright side, he's aware that he has a problem, and that's usually what it takes to get his head on straight. A suspension did wonders for him back in the WWF, so we can only hope this goes well for him, too."

Joli nods, and for a few moments, we just sit in silence. Goddamn, it feels like everything that could have possibly gone wrong today has, and it's not even noon!