[chapter seventy-three: "you've got my blessing"]

Chapter 73: "You've Got My Blessing"
Kevin Nash's POV

- - -

In the roughly eight years that I've known Dallas, there's never been a time that I've been nervous to see him. He's such a chill, relaxed dude that it's easy to feel comfortable around him.

Unless, of course, you're going to be talking to him about something majorly fuckin' important like I am, and you don't know how in the hell he's going to react. Dallas could be happy, or he could be pissed. He's probably going to be shocked, but he's also probably going to hit me.

Or at least knock me on the head.

"You okay, babe?" Joli asks me with a raised brow as we walk to Dallas and Kim's hotel room. "You look thoughtful." She pauses for a minute before smirking up at me. "It's hot."

I can't help but chuckle as I drape an arm around my girl's shoulders. I love Jolene Milford more than I've ever loved anyone else, and I know for a fuckin' fact that I could never care for anyone else like this. She is the love of my life and she's the woman for me.

Then again, it's my love for Jolene that makes me so damn nervous to talk to Dallas. Ugh.

"I'm cool." I reply to Joli. "Just thinking about where we should stop to eat." Actually, food is the furthest thing from my mind right now, but she doesn't need to know that.

"Ah," Joli nods, buying my answer for the time being, "I see. Since me and Kim won't be there to complain, Dally might try to take you to some weird-ass exotic place. I'd watch my back if I were you."

"We might just stick to hot dogs at game." But, the game isn't until much later in the day, so whatever.

I honestly have no idea what else Dallas and I are going to do today. I guess it's possible that Dallas could take me out to a back alley and pop a bullet in my skull and I'd never see it coming. Then again, he might just do that to me once he finds out what I want to do.

On top of that, the game is mainly being used as an excuse to get us together; Dallas knows that I've got something big to talk to him about. Who knows if we'll even end up going to it?

Joli starts going on about how excited she is to go out with Kim and a couple of the Nitro Girls. My babe is absolutely adorable and I'm proud of her for branching out and trying to make some new friends. Granted, she's using the whole, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' tactic, but it's working for her.

When we reach Dallas and Kim's room, I knock on the door with one hand and grab Joli's ass with the other. My girl looks damn good today, but to be fair, she never looks bad. Joli's wearing a black skirt and a beautiful red sleeveless top. She winks at me and I feel my heart skip a bit, something that I didn't think was possible over a year into a relationship. Love is fuckin' wild.

"Hey!" Kimberly greets us as she opens up the door. "Good morning, guys."

"Morning, Kimmy." Joli smiles at her best friend as we walk into the room.

Dallas is sitting on the bed and tying his ball shoes, but he looks up at us as we walk near him. He waves us over, and I sit on the bed beside of him. Dallas is wearing a white baseball jersey like I am, and a plain pair of black shorts.

"I don't mean to rush off, but the mall opens at nine." Joli tells me and Dallas with an excited grin. She puts her hands on my cheeks and places a soft, loving kiss on my lips; my arms snake around her waist, and when she goes to pull back, I don't want to let her go. "I love you, babe. We'll see you guys later!"