[chapter forty-nine: "the milford/hall experiment"]

Chapter 49: "The Milford/Hall Experiment"
Jolene Milford's POV

- - -

I yawn as I take a seat between Kev and Scott at the big table in this room that we're using for our meeting. It's early in the morning, far earlier than I would have liked to haul my ass out of bed. But, I guess it's okay, because this is the big meeting we've all been looking forward to.

Or at least, it's the one that Eric has been going on about for so damn long. I guess that accounts for something.

Seeing as we're the only ones here at this moment, I lean my head over on Kev's shoulder. He places a kiss on the top of my head, and I just snuggle up closer to him. I'm tired and there's no denying that.

Of course, as soon as I'm about to drift off, everyone else starts piling into the room. I wave at Hulk as he passes by, and Steve, and Randy. Dally pokes my cheek as he walks by, and I punch his arm. Man, it's so weird, watching how many people come in here. This meeting is for our main players, and there are just so many of us. WCW is stacked.

Except for you, Bret. Fuck you.

I swear, it's as if Bret can read my mind, because he just kind of looks over at me with this pissed-off look on his face. Then again, I think that's just his normal look.

For this meeting to be held by Eric, he doesn't really make an effort to show up on time. He's the last person to show, but he's carrying all kinds of boxes and shit.

"I'm sorry I'm late, everyone! I had a few more designs I needed to pick up from our merch department. I think that you all are going to be very pleased with what we've got in store." Eric gives us all a stupid grin.

"Let's just get on with this, brother. I know you had your shit to take care of, but I think we've all got busy days ahead of us." Actually, Hulk, we don't have much at all planned. But, like hell I'm going to contradict you, especially when you're calling Eric out!

"Of course!" Eric quickly gives Hulk a little nod as a way to apologize. The way that Hulk can intimidate people like that has always amazed me.

I mean, they don't say he's a fan of that creative control for no reason. If Hulk Hogan wants it done, chances are, it gets done.

"All right, so, as all of you are aware, today, we're discussing the split of the New World Order. Over the next couple of months, we will go from the nWo being one large group to being two smaller groups. Hulk Hogan will lead the classic black and white nWo, which will be called nWo Hollywood, and Kevin Nash will lead the black and red nWo, the nWo wolfpac." Eric begins. We all just sort of sit back and listen.

I mean, Bret especially looks like he wants to question Kev's leadership role, but he remains quiet.

"To begin, Hulk and Kevin are going to start having a much harder time seeing eye-to-eye. At that point, all of you current nWo members are going to begin to figure out exactly where you're going to go when the inevitable split happens. I mean, that's all pre-determined, but you catch my drift." Eric chuckles cheekily. "The full division of the nWo will come once Scott Hall and I turn on Kevin."

I look over at Scott, but he's looking over at Kev. Kev just shrugs at him and Scott nods. It's so nice to see my boys getting along.

"Where does that leave me?" I chime in. Eric points at me with a grin on his ugly mug before continuing.

"That's my next point. As soon as Scott and I turn on Kevin, the Milford/Hall experiment will come to an end." I'm sorry, the what?! "Jolene, you'll break up with Scott on the spot and instantly take Kevin's side. While Kevin will be the main leader of the wolfpac, you'll be ruling alongside of him, like his queen."