[chapter forty-seven: "another night"]

Chapter 47: "Another Night"
Kevin Nash's POV

- - -

The last way I ever want to spend my Saturday night is in Eric Bischoff's hotel room in my pajamas, but of fucking course, that's where I end up. I stare at the motherfucker with half-lidded eyes as he goes on and on about the future of WCW. I'm tired.

Why the fuck did he call us in here at this hour to talk about work? Fuck. What a wonderful day off has this ended as.

"... So you see, at the end of the month, we'll be starting WCW Thunder. It'll be pre-recorded and air on Thursday nights! It's genius, really." Eric explains with a cheeky smile. "There will be a lot more that needs be done on our workers ends, especially on the three of you and Hulk, but it'll be okay. I swear, it won't be too bad, though."

"Uh-huh, right." My girl sounds so tired. "Now, I get what you're saying, and I'm totally sure that this won't end up being a painful decision in the future, but I have one big question about all this."

Eric nods and widens his smile. "Of course, Jolene. What is it?"

"Why the fuck couldn't you wait until the morning to talk to us about this? And actually, I'll make this two questions." Joli shakes her head. "What the fuck are we supposed to do about it tonight?"

She's asking good questions, and Eric doesn't like this. His big ol' eyebrows furrow together and he pouts at Joli.

"I just wanted to talk three of my favorite, biggest stars on this lovely evening and inform them of changes that will be happening in the company in the following days. Is that so wrong, Jolene?"

"No, but hauling our asses out of bed in the evening is pretty wrong. If we had all actually gotten settled in bed, there's no way we would've come out here." I tell Eric bluntly. I point between me, Joli, and Scott; we're all dressed for bed.

Joli's in these cute little snowflake pajamas and Scott's in some fuckin' sweatpants and a jacket. My ass is out here in these tacky little plaid pants and some old, long-sleeved tee. Scott's the only one of us that looks like he could possibly be dressed for a meeting.

"I do apologize for the late-night call, but I really did want to talk to you all. I'm sorry." Eric places a hand on his heart, as if that's supposed to make him seem more sincere.

News flash, Eric: it doesn't. It just makes you seem like even more of a dick.

"If we're done here, can we go?" Joli questions with a yawn. My poor girl looks like she just wants to hit the hay. "I'm tired."

"I'm sorry, I do have a few more things that I'd like to talk to the three of you about first. I mean, you're already out here, so we might as well knock everything out at once, right?" Eric stops us in our tracks.

Joli scoffs and mutters, "I can think of one thing around here I'd like to knock out." She doesn't even try to hide her little remark from Eric, and I think that great. Of course, Eric isn't too thrilled.

"Threats are taken very seriously around here, Jolene," She rolls her eyes, "and I don't believe your sweet lover would take kindly to you speaking of him like that." Eric turns to me with a stupid grin. "Unless you're into that kind of thing, Kevin?"