[chapter twenty-three: "after all this time"]

Chapter 23: "After All this Time"
Kevin Nash's POV

- - -

It's honestly hard for me to not be fuckin' ecstatic as I grab Joli's bags out of the trunk of my truck. We've got the next two days together and it's going to be amazing. This is the first time she's gone out of town since her injury and I mean, yeah, she's a long way from home, but I know she's as excited as I am, if not drastically more.

"So, Kev, what are we going to do first?" Joli asks as she walks over beside of me, a smile upon her lips. God, she looks so beautiful right now, underneath the bright ass sun.

"We can do whatever you want, babe. We can fuck around here or we can head back into town and find something. These next couple of days are all about you having the time of your life." I chuckle as I start walking over towards my house. Joli's following closely behind me.

"All right, I'll see what I can come up with." Joli mutters happily as I open up the door. I let her in first before closing the door behind me.

"Hey, you want to share a room with me? Or you want the guest room?" I ask, pretty much knowing the answer already.

"How comfortable are the beds?" Joli sends me a goofy grin.

"I don't know, that's up to you to decide. We could go test them out, if you'd like." I joke, having to stifle a laugh when she playfully rolls her eyes. "I'm kidding."

"I'm sure." Joli giggles as she starts looking around, naturally curious. I mean, this is the first time she's ever been to my place. I just hope that my simple, shitty decorating skills are good enough for her.

Eh, I'm sure it's all fine. Joli's not big on materialistic shit like that.

"I'm just going to go ahead and put your bags down in my room, all right? If the bed's not good enough for you, I'll move your stuff into the guest room later." I laugh as I head towards my bedroom. I sit her bags down on my bed and then take just a moment to let this all sink in.

I have to say something to Joli while she's here. This is the best chance I'm ever going to have when it comes to talking to her about my feelings, so I'll have to take it. I just have to wait for the best moment.

"All right, so, what is there around here that we can get into? I mean, I definitely don't want to sit in the house all day, so sell me on something around here. Give me some options." As I walk back into the living room, Joli turns around so that she can talk to me.

"Well, like I said, we can head back into town and find some shit to get into. There are all kinds of movie theaters, bowling alleys, shopping centers, and things like that not too far from here." I say as I make a mental list of everything nearby. "Or, I could just show you around the damn area here. There are all kinds of little trails around here that we could ride on."

The moment I mention going on a ride, some dumbfounded look comes onto Joli's face. I can't help but laugh at her.

"I'm sorry, what? Like, backroads and all of that?" Joli, please.

"Yeah," I grin as I walk over to the table near my front door, grabbing a set of four wheeler keys from its drawer, "I mean, if you're interested."

"I'm sorry, I've just never really gone out in the country before." Joli watches as I jingle the keys on my way back over to her.

"You really mean to tell me that you grew up in some dumb-fuck town in Virginia, but you've never gone riding on a four wheeler before?" She shakes her head with this embarrassed little look on her face. "That's it. That's what we're doing." It's so hard for me to not laugh even more.