[chapter ninety-four: "this shitty day"]

Chapter 94: "This Shitty Day"
Kevin Nash's POV

- - -

"Are you sure you even want to watch this shit?" I ask as Joli and I settle down on the couch. The final episode of WCW television is about to air; an episode of Nitro that's about to go live from Panama City Beach.

I could have been there if I wanted to be, but why would I waste my time? Panama City isn't too far away from here; hell, it'd probably take me an hour at most to get there. But, I would have been there pretty much by myself.

See, once the deal finalized, I was off the hook. I don't have to do shit until my WCW contract expires next year, and for that matter, neither do Scott or Terry. The OG nWo can sit on their asses for nearly 12 months, and while that's great, I worry about my wife.

Joli's suspension could have been lifted, had it been Vince's wish - his company, his choice. Long story short, creative didn't have anything for her, so Joli didn't get to go back.

The time alone has had its ups and downs. Joli's been so damn stressed over work that's she's not been in the best mood lately. I don't blame her, but her attitude has been damn hard to deal with.

"Yeah, I'm sure." You don't sound sure, babe. "Let's see how shitty the last episode is."

Oh, I'm sure this is going to be absolutely horrendous. Vince is going to do whatever it takes to feed his ego, and what better way to do that than by completely burying his competition? He won. It's in Vince's nature to just fuckin' gloat.

Joli lights up a cigarette right before the commercial break on the television ends and it cuts to the opening of Nitro. I've got to say, knowing that this is the last time that this shit will ever air live is bittersweet. I've completely accepted the end of WCW, but a chapter in my life is coming to a close.

Right off the bat, the show cuts to good ol' Vinny Mac talking about how he's bought out WCW. He isn't gloating too much right now, which just means that he's saving all of his big insults for later in the show. Of course, he's still making it known that the WWF kicked our fucking asses, like it's something that wasn't well-known already.

I mean, when Vince says that he holds WCW in the palm of his hands, he's right. He owns our asses.

As Vince talks, I can see Joli angrily puffing on her cigarette. She and Vince haven't met in person yet, and I know when it finally happens, it's going to be a shit-show. They'll probably tear each other apart with their fuckin' shit talk.

"Smug ass bitch," Jolene mumbles under her breath, "acting like a goddamn fuckin'... God. Suck my ass, McMahon."

Joli's got her eyes glued to the TV, and I know that she's not going to be interested in anything else for a while. We've got to see this entire train wreck from beginning to close.

Once Vince finishes his rant, we learn that all of the titles are going to be on the line on this final episode of Nitro. Joli puts her cigarette out right as everyone's favorite Nature Boy comes onto the screen.

As he walks to the ring, you can tell that even Naitch has gotten to be a little bit emotional over our company's demise - and fuck, maybe he's a little drunk, too. Joli leans forward in her seat, watching the screen intently.

After working the crowd a little bit, Ric goes straight into a speech. He starts talking about how Vince doesn't completely own any of the wrestlers in WCW, because we're our own people. Ric puts WCW over more than anyone else ever could, praising all of the work that we did in the Monday Night Wars. It tugs at my heart just a bit, I have to say.